Arkansas (50%) vs FSU (Instate) vs Cincinnati(40%)

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Lord Randolph McDuff

Re: Arkansas (50%) vs FSU (Instate) vs Cincinnati(40%)

Postby Lord Randolph McDuff » Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:27 pm

Are you at least a southern boy/gal? If you don't fit in culturally in Ark, then you won't build ties easily. I do believe you can build ties, but it takes a certain kind of person.

Best thing you could possible do is spend three years in Fayetteville and then get engaged to a local. I think this is the percentage play here, and as a bonus it is very responsible.

rockydbull

Postby rockydbull » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:05 pm

Lord Randolph McDuff wrote:Are you at least a southern boy/gal? If you don't fit in culturally in Ark, then you won't build ties easily. I do believe you can build ties, but it takes a certain kind of person.

Best thing you could possible do is spend three years in Fayetteville and then get engaged to a local. I think this is the percentage play here, and as a bonus it is very responsible.

Yeah I like to think of myself as a southern guy. Pretty conservative could easily fit it. In fact the culture is one of the bigger selling points to me. Unfortunately I already have a love of my life that will be coming with me to Arkansas so I won't get to marry a local but she will fit right in as well.

I see building ties in Tallahassee having a similar level of difficulty. I have spent large amounts of time in Miami and Tampa which are 8 and 4 hour drives respectively. In addition both are large citiys compared to the relatively small college town level of Tally. While Tallahassee is the capital it is not a major city. In perspective for Arkansas that distance of driving lands you in different states like OK and TX.

rockydbull

Postby rockydbull » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:08 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:If your acceptances to FSU & Stetson were based on the 160 LSAT score, then you should receive increased offers based on your more recent score of 164.

Obviously, as you noted, your GPA is holding you back. Check out lawschoolnumbers.com to see what LSAT score might get you into Virginia ED (you would have to apply ED which may not be shown on lawschoolnumbers.com).

If applications are down again next cycle, as expected, then an increase of just two points on the LSAT to 166 could dramatically affect your options.

Hopefully I can see an increase on the appeal (both should be heard this week) Unfortunately I would prefer not to sit this cycle out so the retake and reapply pill is hard to swallow.

rockydbull

Postby rockydbull » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:53 am

romothesavior wrote:
romothesavior wrote:Either retake/reapply or go to FSU. No reason to be considering Arkansas or Cincinnati if you're from Maryland and Florida.

Soooooo........ I got a call from Ms. Kessinger yesterday and they offered me 10k a year for all three years. Looks like I'll be taking your advice.

Now anybody familiar with FSU stips, mine are stay above 80/100 on the grading scale which according to their documents has to be atleast 40% of the class and can get slightly larger if necessary. This feels like a possibility of section stacking any thoughts? Seems to be no class rank too

Also I thought this thread was getting a little harsh but man this one viewtopic.php?f=1&t=180293&hilit=fsu+stacking&start=75 makes me feel like I am with family on my thread lol.

Also in the above thread top 40% was scoffed at being outrageous as a stipulation is this common?

imbored25

Postby imbored25 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:39 pm

Arkansas

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:52 pm

Stipulations are TTT, especially when they basically are stacking the odds against you. Top 80%? Cool, no problem, because you should probably drop out if you're not in the top 80% anyways. But top 40%? That's ridiculous. Odds are maybe 50/50 that you keep the scholarship.

rockydbull

Postby rockydbull » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:35 pm

romothesavior wrote:Stipulations are TTT, especially when they basically are stacking the odds against you. Top 80%? Cool, no problem, because you should probably drop out if you're not in the top 80% anyways. But top 40%? That's ridiculous. Odds are maybe 50/50 that you keep the scholarship.

So is FSU trying to pull a trick on me with these stips?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”