Suffolk, Stetson, Florida Coastal?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
law2234
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:18 pm

Suffolk, Stetson, Florida Coastal?

Postby law2234 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:20 pm

Which one??? Only scholarship is to Coastal for $27,000 per year renewable with a 2.7

srfngdd6
Posts: 282
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:08 pm

Re: Suffolk, Stetson, Florida Coastal?

Postby srfngdd6 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:23 pm

retake..suffolk and stetson are not worth sticker and a florida coastal jd is not worth the paper they print it out

SunshineMagic
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:53 pm

Re: Suffolk, Stetson, Florida Coastal?

Postby SunshineMagic » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:51 pm

Retake but if you must out of those 3 I would go with Stetson

law2234
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:18 pm

Re: Suffolk, Stetson, Florida Coastal?

Postby law2234 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:52 pm

what's the reason if you don't mind sharing?

srfngdd6
Posts: 282
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:08 pm

Re: Suffolk, Stetson, Florida Coastal?

Postby srfngdd6 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:52 pm

law2234 wrote:what's the reason if you don't mind sharing?


stetson and suffolk=poor employment prospects

florida coastal=running joke

law2234
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:18 pm

Re: Suffolk, Stetson, Florida Coastal?

Postby law2234 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:53 pm

still waiting on FIU also... thoughts about that?

srfngdd6
Posts: 282
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:08 pm

Re: Suffolk, Stetson, Florida Coastal?

Postby srfngdd6 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:57 pm

law2234 wrote:still waiting on FIU also... thoughts about that?


not great but its super cheap i have a buddy from undergrad there who enjoys it and has a summer job at a small firm in ft laudy he seems happy

timbs4339
Posts: 2733
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:19 pm

Re: Suffolk, Stetson, Florida Coastal?

Postby timbs4339 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:03 pm

law2234 wrote:what's the reason if you don't mind sharing?


How long do you have? These schools are so terrible they have either been sued, are about to be sued, or should be sued. Don't even jump at the scholarship. This is Coastal's grading curve for first-year courses.

A, A- 15%
B+, B, B- 25%
C+, C, C- 45%
D+, D, F 15%

http://www.fcsl.edu/career-services/grading-policy

A B- is a 2.67. If 5% of the class has a B- average, that means you will have to be in the top 35% to keep the scholly. And I would double-down on my 100K in law school debt that they place scholarship students disproportionately in one section (grading them against each other) so that more will lose the scholly. Run away.

SunshineMagic
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:53 pm

Re: Suffolk, Stetson, Florida Coastal?

Postby SunshineMagic » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:13 pm

timbs4339 wrote:
law2234 wrote:what's the reason if you don't mind sharing?


How long do you have? These schools are so terrible they have either been sued, are about to be sued, or should be sued. Don't even jump at the scholarship. This is Coastal's grading curve for first-year courses.

A, A- 15%
B+, B, B- 25%
C+, C, C- 45%
D+, D, F 15%

http://www.fcsl.edu/career-services/grading-policy

A B- is a 2.67. If 5% of the class has a B- average, that means you will have to be in the top 35% to keep the scholly. And I would double-down on my 100K in law school debt that they place scholarship students disproportionately in one section (grading them against each other) so that more will lose the scholly. Run away.


I disagree while I would not recommend going to stetson without a scholarship. I don't see how you can agree with suing stetson when its been around longer than any law school in the state before all the others clogged the market and its regional market is in shambles.... No where does stetson promise you a job... If they should be sued every humanities department in this country should be sued.

User avatar
Indifferent
Posts: 234
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:04 pm

Re: Suffolk, Stetson, Florida Coastal?

Postby Indifferent » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:20 pm

law2234 wrote:Which one??? Only scholarship is to Coastal for $27,000 per year renewable with a 2.7

Attending any of these schools is a bad decision unless you have a legal job lined up after graduation.

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: Suffolk, Stetson, Florida Coastal?

Postby romothesavior » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:14 pm

Indifferent wrote:
law2234 wrote:Which one??? Only scholarship is to Coastal for $27,000 per year renewable with a 2.7

Attending any of these schools is a bad decision unless you have a legal job lined up after graduation.

+1. Stetson is the only semi-respectable option and that's when a full ride is involved. Sticker for these schools? Lolno.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dante181, TheSpanishMain and 3 guests