UIUC vs Wake Forest

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Husker-6432

UIUC vs Wake Forest

Postby Husker-6432 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:15 am

Long time lurker and it being close to decision time I couldn't help but pose this question to TLS. I've narrowed down by decision to UIUC and Wake Forest. As it stands now, I'm looking at about a total cost of 75k for Wake Forest and 100k for UIUC (this includes tuition, cost of living, etc). I am originally from Illinois and have wanted to end up working in Chicago for as long as I can remember, but I am perfectly fine with living in NC. I'm from a small town so if I can end up in a major city around either school I would be satisfied. Also, I have been to both campuses and while I was more impressed with Wake's, UIUC's is satisfactory. Given a relatively similar cost and really no strong preference toward where I end up, I was wondering if anyone had any insight that would make my decision easier. If any other information is needed I am happy to answer. Thank you in advance.

bdole2

Re: UIUC vs Wake Forest

Postby bdole2 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:11 am

Husker-6432 wrote: I am originally from Illinois and have wanted to end up working in Chicago for as long as I can remember

Go to UIUC.

Doorkeeper

Postby Doorkeeper » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:49 am

bdole2 wrote:
Husker-6432 wrote: I am originally from Illinois and have wanted to end up working in Chicago for as long as I can remember

Go to UIUC.

This.

moandersen

Postby moandersen » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:36 am

Im at WF now, but was born and raised in Chicago. In your situation I think uofi is the better choice easily. If you go to uofi and end up around median, you can use your illinois connections to try to obtain a job. However, if you go to wf and end up around median you will have an incredibly hard time finding employment in nc because you are an outsider from the 'north,' and will have a hard time getting back to illinois because of your average grades. They really dont like outsiders down here, except for the few biglaw firms that have offices in charlotte. Plus, you want to be in chicago. I was able to obtain CBs in Chicago because of connections/grades/resume screams chicago, but I was definitely the exception. PM me if you have any specific questions.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”