W&M (In-state+8k) vs. GW (Sticker) Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
mjones95

New

W&M (In-state+8k) vs. GW (Sticker)

Post by mjones95 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:22 am

Hey everyone,

I've narrowed my choices down to William and Mary (In-state+8k) or GW (sticker). I anticipate most people opting for W&M, but keep this is mind. I have family located in the Northern Virginia area, and would not have to pay any additional cost for relocating. Also, the cost of tuition is fully funded and I would not have to take out loans for either school. I have a non-technical background and some of the sentiment I have seen around here is that GW is not worth it if you don't go IP. I'd like to work in the DC area. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

mrslaw2014

New

Re: W&M (In-state+8k) vs. GW (Sticker)

Post by mrslaw2014 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:52 am

mjones95 wrote:Hey everyone,

I've narrowed my choices down to William and Mary (In-state+8k) or GW (sticker). I anticipate most people opting for W&M, but keep this is mind. I have family located in the Northern Virginia area, and would not have to pay any additional cost for relocating. Also, the cost of tuition is fully funded and I would not have to take out loans for either school. I have a non-technical background and some of the sentiment I have seen around here is that GW is not worth it if you don't go IP. I'd like to work in the DC area. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
If someone is going to pay for your education, you have family in NOVA, and want to work in D.C., I'd say GW.

If you don't hate your family and want to save them the money, go to W&M. Tuition and cost of living will be MUCH lower at W&M but it sounds like that doesn't matter to you. W&M is strong in the DC market, but I'd almost surely say GW is stronger and it will be easier for summer internships if you already live in DC. (It is a bitch to pay rent in Williamsburg and find summer housing in DC).

Jaeger

Bronze

Post by Jaeger » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:09 pm

Tell your fam that you got into W&M at sticker and keep the rest. Problem solved.

Real Madrid

Silver

Post by Real Madrid » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:12 pm

Take the GW sticker money and bet on red or black (your choice!). It'll save you three years and probably give you a better expected return than GW.

GW is not worth sticker, regardless of whether you are paying or your family is. Take the extra money and invest it or something.

NoleMatt

New

Post by NoleMatt » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:36 pm

Jaeger wrote:Tell your fam that you got into W&M at sticker and keep the rest. Problem solved.
TITCR :lol:

mjones95

New

Post by mjones95 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:40 pm

Definitely leaning towards W&M at this point. Any opinions on GW if the IP route isn't a viable option?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”