USD vs. Chapman (100% Merit-Scholarship)

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

USD or Chapman w/Full scholarship

Poll ended at Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:50 pm

USD
63%
Chapman
38%

Total votes: 8

HildaAk

USD vs. Chapman (100% Merit-Scholarship)

Postby HildaAk » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:50 pm

Hello,

I've looked through many of these discussions and see that a lot of you wouldn't even consider these options and I respect that. However, if you're going to reply with negativity, please don't waste your time or mine.

For anyone who is actually willing to give advice, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I scored a 161 on the LSAT and am still waiting to hear back from Hastings and UCI. If I get into either, my dilemma is solved but until then my two best options are USD and Chapman.

I am waiting to hear from USD regarding scholarships (if any) and have received a 100% merit scholarship from Chapman. USD is ranked #65 while Chapman is #110 however I don't know if this difference is so large that it's worth giving up an opportunity for free law school. I am born and raised in LA and would like to work in a mid-sized firm in LA. Advice would be greatly appreciated!

MTBike

Re: USD vs. Chapman (100% Merit-Scholarship)

Postby MTBike » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:53 pm

HildaAk wrote:Hello,

I've looked through many of these discussions and see that a lot of you wouldn't even consider these options and I respect that. However, if you're going to reply with negativity, please don't waste your time or mine.

For anyone who is actually willing to give advice, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I scored a 161 on the LSAT and am still waiting to hear back from Hastings and UCI. If I get into either, my dilemma is solved but until then my two best options are USD and Chapman.

I am waiting to hear from USD regarding scholarships (if any) and have received a 100% merit scholarship from Chapman. USD is ranked #65 while Chapman is #110 however I don't know if this difference is so large that it's worth giving up an opportunity for free law school. I am born and raised in LA and would like to work in a mid-sized firm in LA. Advice would be greatly appreciated!

I dont know how Chapman places in L.A.... so I can't weigh in on that subject. However, I'd probably go to USD. Better school.

Tiago Splitter

Postby Tiago Splitter » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:54 pm

Did you get any money from USD? If not, no way you can go there at sticker.

HildaAk

Postby HildaAk » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:09 pm

I'm waiting to hear from USD with a scholarship offer. I was accepted on Monday and it takes about a week to receive scholarship info.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”