Chicago, Cornell, or BU

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Napt

Re: Chicago, Cornell, or BU

Postby Napt » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:20 pm

TaipeiMort wrote:I am just going to say that the only place better than Chicago with ties to Boston would be Yale with ties for Boston.

Emma. wrote:Ropes noms up UChicago grads. Om nom nom.

Chicago trolls are either incredibly insecure about their law school or mentally ill.

thelawyler

Postby thelawyler » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:09 am

I think you can cross Cornell out for now.

Chicago seems like it's a huuuuge pill to swallow, but I'd say it's worth the cost. But BU isn't a terrible choice for that price, I just think that Chicago is better.

ginalove

Postby ginalove » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:32 am

-edited by mod-

woeisme

Postby woeisme » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:40 am

thelawyler wrote:I think you can cross Cornell out for now.

Chicago seems like it's a huuuuge pill to swallow, but I'd say it's worth the cost. But BU isn't a terrible choice for that price, I just think that Chicago is better.

Seriously? For target market of Boston you'd cross off Cornell with 45k and take Chicago or BU?? I feel like Cornell is the best choice here.

thelawyler

Postby thelawyler » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:19 am

woeisme wrote:
thelawyler wrote:I think you can cross Cornell out for now.

Seriously? For target market of Boston you'd cross off Cornell with 45k and take Chicago or BU?? I feel like Cornell is the best choice here.

Well, perhaps. I'm just a city guy so maybe that bias crept in.

Also, I do think the high levels of debt at Cornell and Chicago make 33k difference worth it to go to Chicago.

And OP, in terms of retaking... you can just retake in the summer for the June test after you have final offers from all schools. Score worse? Who cares, you wasted some time and a few hundred bucks. Score 171? Email the school you're deposited at with a "I am thinking of reapplying next year" letter and enjoy a huge scholarship increase. Almost no downside, and HUUUGE upside. PM me for my story if you want.

Emma.

Postby Emma. » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:06 pm

Napt wrote:

Chicago trolls are either incredibly insecure about their law school or mentally ill.

I have no idea how many people accept (I only know for sure of 2 people going to Ropes this summer from my year, and one 3L) but I know there were a LOT of offers given out at OCI. I don't know who interviewed for the Boston office, but IIRC, at Ropes once you get your offer at the end of the summer it is good at any office.

The Brainalist

Postby The Brainalist » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:37 pm

Emma. wrote:
Napt wrote:

I have no idea how many people accept (I only know for sure of 2 people going to Ropes this summer from my year, and one 3L) but I know there were a LOT of offers given out at OCI. I don't know who interviewed for the Boston office, but IIRC, at Ropes once you get your offer at the end of the summer it is good at any office.

Napt wasn't worth responding to, since she/he fails to recognize that all of the traits he lists apply to him/her. Only an insecure person would feel the need to lash out when someone else expresses confidence.

swampthang

Postby swampthang » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:20 pm

Emma. wrote:
Napt wrote:

And yet a search (LinkRemoved) of all Ropes' offices shows only a single attorney who attended UChi (a Chinese LLM at that).

The UChi response to this might be "well we get offers, but just don't take them because of all our other options," but then evaluating prospective placement power, is a firm really likely to continuing recruiting a school whose students have (allegedly) repeatedly rejected its offers?

Doorkeeper

Postby Doorkeeper » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:36 pm

What's with the necro?

swampthang

Postby swampthang » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:39 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:What's with the necro?

Misleading information requires a correction lest it persist and breed further misleading information. Besides, what's dead may never die- surely you of all people must know that?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”