Fordham vs. Notre Dame

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
LS20122012

Fordham vs. Notre Dame

Postby LS20122012 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:14 pm

Hi everyone -

My cycle is winding down and I've been surprised by the results. With my stats, I honestly didn't think I would manage these two schools. URM 151/3.2 (Top 10 undergrad). So basically my questions are as follows. I haven't received any financial information, which I'm sure will factor in, but at face value which school is more appealing for public interest law - only wanting to practice in LA, Chicago or NYC? The schools I'm absolutely in love with are all T-14. I know my scores aren't high enough, but it makes me wonder if I got into these schools with that monster of a score, clearly I have a strong application elsewhere. Would it be worth it to sit out a cycle...again...and pull a higher LSAT score to crack top-14 considering what I want to do. Sorry for the loaded questions. Thanks!

MTBike

Re: Fordham vs. Notre Dame

Postby MTBike » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:20 pm

LS20122012 wrote:Hi everyone -

My cycle is winding down and I've been surprised by the results. With my stats, I honestly didn't think I would manage these two schools. URM 151/3.2 (Top 10 undergrad). So basically my questions are as follows. I haven't received any financial information, which I'm sure will factor in, but at face value which school is more appealing for public interest law - only wanting to practice in LA, Chicago or NYC? The schools I'm absolutely in love with are all T-14. I know my scores aren't high enough, but it makes me wonder if I got into these schools with that monster of a score, clearly I have a strong application elsewhere. Would it be worth it to sit out a cycle...again...and pull a higher LSAT score to crack top-14 considering what I want to do. Sorry for the loaded questions. Thanks!

Honestly, and Im only saing this because your soft factors must be un-fucking-real, I would sit out and retake. Shouldn't be hard to increase from a 151... and since you got into Fordham and ND with a 151, it isnt unrealistic to think you could get T14 with a score of even a 160.

If you have the time to do so, then retake.

StarLightSpectre

Postby StarLightSpectre » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:24 pm

MTBike wrote:
LS20122012 wrote:Hi everyone -

Honestly, and Im only saing this because your soft factors must be un-fucking-real, I would sit out and retake. Shouldn't be hard to increase from a 151... and since you got into Fordham and ND with a 151, it isnt unrealistic to think you could get T14 with a score of even a 160.

If you have the time to do so, then retake.

Agreed. A 151? Follow any of the serious study plans here and you could easily pull off a 160+. Then you could be one of those TLSers that got into a T6 with a 16x that we love to hate. :lol:

dingbat

Postby dingbat » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:29 pm

Retake

If you must go now try and get a big scholly somewhere else. If you got into Fordham you'll probably get a scholly at Cardozo, which can get you PI in NY
I'm sure LA and Chicago have similar schools
Last edited by dingbat on Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”