90K scholarship at USC vs Full Price at Boalt?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

90K scholarship at USC vs Full Price at Boalt?

USC
26
50%
Boalt
26
50%
 
Total votes: 52

ddalton22
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:22 am

90K scholarship at USC vs Full Price at Boalt?

Postby ddalton22 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:50 pm

Please share your opinions, thanks

User avatar
FryBreadPower
Posts: 908
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:46 pm

Re: 90K scholarship at USC vs Full Price at Boalt?

Postby FryBreadPower » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:57 pm

Context?

071816
Posts: 5511
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:06 pm

Re: 90K scholarship at USC vs Full Price at Boalt?

Postby 071816 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:00 pm

Where are you from? Where do you want to work? What kind of law do you want?

CanadianWolf
Posts: 10439
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: 90K scholarship at USC vs Full Price at Boalt?

Postby CanadianWolf » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:04 pm

If you want to live & work in Southern California, then USC's offer looks good; however, if you are seeking national prominence for academia or for broader placement, then Berkeley has all the prestige that you'll ever need.

ddalton22
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:22 am

Re: 90K scholarship at USC vs Full Price at Boalt?

Postby ddalton22 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:25 pm

I am from Socal, still waiting to hear from a few other schools, namely, HLS and SLS, but I am interested in law and technology, and leaning towards Boalt. Just wanted to hear your guy's opinions. Thanks

User avatar
Bronck
Posts: 2025
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: 90K scholarship at USC vs Full Price at Boalt?

Postby Bronck » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:28 pm

ddalton22 wrote:I am from Socal, still waiting to hear from a few other schools, namely, HLS and SLS, but I am interested in law and technology, and leaning towards Boalt. Just wanted to hear your guy's opinions. Thanks


What does this even mean?

Do you want to stay in SoCal?

071816
Posts: 5511
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:06 pm

Re: 90K scholarship at USC vs Full Price at Boalt?

Postby 071816 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:29 pm

Boalt will get you back to SoCal just fine, especially if you have ties. However, the question is, is a JD from Boalt worth ~90k more than a JD from USC to you?

User avatar
Shaggier1
Posts: 721
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:57 am

Re: 90K scholarship at USC vs Full Price at Boalt?

Postby Shaggier1 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:55 am

I am interested in law and technology

Boalt's bread and butter.

Also, as above poster noted, Boalt can easily get you back to SoCal (it got me there without any connections to my name).

Ultimately, though, it depends what you want to do. You say law and tech so I assume BigLaw IP is the goal to start?

Excellent117
Posts: 194
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:44 pm

Re: 90K scholarship at USC vs Full Price at Boalt?

Postby Excellent117 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:25 am

Can you stand being around hippies for 3 years?

On a serious note, if your post-graduation aspirations involve anything other than Southern California, go with Berkeley.

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: 90K scholarship at USC vs Full Price at Boalt?

Postby romothesavior » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:40 am

Boalt, but... my gawd it is expensive.

User avatar
worldtraveler
Posts: 7669
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:47 am

Re: 90K scholarship at USC vs Full Price at Boalt?

Postby worldtraveler » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:47 am

Excellent117 wrote:Can you stand being around hippies for 3 years?

On a serious note, if your post-graduation aspirations involve anything other than Southern California, go with Berkeley.


Wut.

Excellent117
Posts: 194
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:44 pm

Re: 90K scholarship at USC vs Full Price at Boalt?

Postby Excellent117 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:10 pm

worldtraveler wrote:
Excellent117 wrote:Can you stand being around hippies for 3 years?

On a serious note, if your post-graduation aspirations involve anything other than Southern California, go with Berkeley.


Wut.


Have you been to Berkeley?

ddalton22
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:22 am

Re: 90K scholarship at USC vs Full Price at Boalt?

Postby ddalton22 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:39 pm

Excellent117 wrote:
worldtraveler wrote:
Excellent117 wrote:Can you stand being around hippies for 3 years?

On a serious note, if your post-graduation aspirations involve anything other than Southern California, go with Berkeley.


Wut.


Have you been to Berkeley?


Yeah, actually go to UG here.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], iluvlawschool and 2 guests