Chicago or Atlanta - City Preference Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Which city would you prefer to live?

Chicago
59%
Atlanta
41%

Total votes: 86

reformed calvinist

Bronze

Re: Chicago or Atlanta - City Preference

Post by reformed calvinist » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:50 pm

No contest. Chicago is an objectively awesome city. If Doomberg gave me a lifetime ban from New York, Chicago would be my next stop. After that, Denver or the West Coast.

reformed calvinist

Bronze

Post by reformed calvinist » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:53 pm

descartesb4thehorse wrote:
BruceWayne wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was almost certain that Chicago was in the midwest.
wut.
Geography notwithstanding, Chicago has pretty much avoided the decades-long decay of rustbelt cities in its region (Cleveland, Detroit, et al)

reformed calvinist

Bronze

Post by reformed calvinist » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:56 pm

lobolawyer wrote:
Entchen wrote:I will admit I've never been to Atlanta, so my impressions could be totally wrong, but I would not want to live there, for the following reasons:

1. All four seasons? Really? You call a low of 34 in January winter? As a cross-country-skiing New Englander, I don't think this would work for me. And I'm pretty sure I'd melt in the summer.

2. Seems very suburban-sprawl-y, which I would hate. I maintain that any place that requires the use of a car should not get to call itself a city -- its just a bunch of suburbs smushed together. I enjoy driving, but I never want to have to drive. I should be able to walk to everything I need on a daily basis.

But as I said, never been there, so perhaps I am wrong.
You need a car in Los Angeles. Is it not a city?
I think this is an overly literal reading of his comment. For people who hate urban sprawl, places like NYC feel like more of a "real" city than LA.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:52 pm

Real Madrid wrote:As for your comment about New Orleans' food scene, I think I'll yield to Travel + Leisure, which just named it the top food city in the country.
The Five Guys near Emory, I'll give it that.

Pricer

Silver

Post by Pricer » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:53 am

romothesavior wrote:
Real Madrid wrote:As for your comment about New Orleans' food scene, I think I'll yield to Travel + Leisure, which just named it the top food city in the country.
The Five Guys near Emory, I'll give it that.
You're confusing Atlanta and New Orleans.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”