Any input appreciated..undecided between t14 schools Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
ahnhub

Silver

Re: Any input appreciated..undecided between t14 schools

Post by ahnhub » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:16 am

I don't see any reason you wouldn't get $$ somewhere. You applied at least, right?

soflalife

New

Post by soflalife » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:14 pm

:)
Last edited by soflalife on Mon May 14, 2012 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HeavenWood

Gold

Post by HeavenWood » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:40 pm

keg411 wrote:
justicefishy wrote:
soflalife wrote:Good tip about the OCI dallas, I have break next week and will be in sofla the first half so it's perfect.

And thanks so much justice, I keep pinching myself, I still can't believe it! I definitely do NOT like the cold, and I have never even seen snow before, which is another reason Chicago is scary (and why I ultimately want to move back to Miami)....so if I am gonna face 3 years of this "windy city" I wanna make sure it's worth it/I'm not miserable the whole time. I'll try leveraging with Penn, I've been hearing a lot lately that they hate losing kids to Chicago.
Chicago is cold and windy. Like my grandmother once couldn't move because the wind was too strong windy. If you're not a fan of cold, or want less cold, I'd say come to Penn. :D
Last I checked (read: last year) Philly had winter too.
Mid-Atlantic cold does not even begin to compare to Midwestern cold. You're talking a good 7-10 degrees colder (plus wind chill) in Chicagoland. Remember, this winter was unusually mild.

That said, I would say that unless Penn offers you substantially more money (ie, ~1/2 tuition or greater) you should probably suck it up and take Chicago. If it does come down to a push, however, pick on the basis of which region you would prefer as a "fallback" (as you probably are aware, neither school is a direct pipeline into the Southeast).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”