FOR mah Pal

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Which one?

University of Chicago
30
83%
Virginia
1
3%
Duke
1
3%
Washington University in St. Louis (38,000)
4
11%
 
Total votes: 36

lutcf2021
Posts: 94
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:26 pm

FOR mah Pal

Postby lutcf2021 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:40 pm

Posting this for a buddy.
His Options.
University of Chicago (5th in the nation)
Virginia
Duke
Washington University in St. Louis ($38,000 scholarship)

His Goals.
I'd like to sit on the bench some day, preferably in federal court. So after law school, I want to clerk for a judge, then prosecute for awhile with DOJ, then hopefully get appointed somewhere at either the district or appellate level.

Which would you all recommend?

Nobody
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:17 pm

Re: FOR mah Pal

Postby Nobody » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:54 pm

You very thoughtfully included that University of Chicago was 5th in the nation, but neglected to add similar information for other schools. Could you let us know how well the University of Virginia and Washington University in Saint Louis are considered relative to the University of Chicago?

Thank you.

User avatar
splitbrain
Posts: 656
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:38 pm

Re: FOR mah Pal

Postby splitbrain » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:17 pm

Don't really think this needs a poll...

User avatar
specialsnowflake
Posts: 97
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:48 am

Re: FOR mah Pal

Postby specialsnowflake » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:20 pm

has he considered Florida Coastal?

User avatar
Bronck
Posts: 2025
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: FOR mah Pal

Postby Bronck » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:24 pm

ASU is on the rise, he should consider that.

User avatar
Easy-E
Posts: 5715
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:46 pm

Re: FOR mah Pal

Postby Easy-E » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:48 pm

Whichever has the best Space Law program.

t14fanboy
Posts: 438
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:51 pm

Re: FOR mah Pal

Postby t14fanboy » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:53 pm

emarxnj wrote:Whichever has the best Space Law program.


Its all about international law rankings bro.

CanadianWolf
Posts: 10439
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: FOR mah Pal

Postby CanadianWolf » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:54 pm

OP: You've listed your friend's four options in the correct order, in my opinion.

srfngdd6
Posts: 282
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:08 pm

Re: FOR mah Pal

Postby srfngdd6 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:54 pm

lutcf2021 wrote:Posting this for a buddy.
His Options.
University of Chicago (5th in the nation)
Virginia
Duke
Washington University in St. Louis ($38,000 scholarship)

His Goals.
I'd like to sit on the bench some day, preferably in federal court. So after law school, I want to clerk for a judge, then prosecute for awhile with DOJ, then hopefully get appointed somewhere at either the district or appellate level.

Which would you all recommend?


"your friend" should keep in mind that a prosecutor with the DOJ ie a AUSA is not at all a likely career path straight out of law school also plans to be appointed to the federal bench are a little unrealistic as well...if he has no interest in big law then take WUSTL strong regional with a solid scholly

User avatar
Easy-E
Posts: 5715
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:46 pm

Re: FOR mah Pal

Postby Easy-E » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:05 pm

t14fanboy wrote:
emarxnj wrote:Whichever has the best Space Law program.


Its all about international law rankings bro.



Bro, you're not thinking long term. International Constitutional Space Law is a burgeoning field.

t14fanboy
Posts: 438
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:51 pm

Re: FOR mah Pal

Postby t14fanboy » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:10 pm

emarxnj wrote:
t14fanboy wrote:
emarxnj wrote:Whichever has the best Space Law program.


Its all about international law rankings bro.



Bro, you're not thinking long term. International Constitutional Space Law is a burgeoning field.


Image




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests