ITT you stop my panicking.

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Best decision?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:58 pm

Villanova 23k total cost of tuition
7
50%
Temple 67k total cost of tuition
5
36%
Uconn 69k total cost of tuition
2
14%
 
Total votes: 14

EWGF
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:38 pm

ITT you stop my panicking.

Postby EWGF » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:58 pm

Now I understand how the USNews rankings work and how irrelevant it is but as someone who had basically made their mind up to go to Villanova I can't help but be frustrated. Even worse is that I was going to go to a T1 school last year but didn't have a scholarship, so I took a year off and retook the LSAT. Unfortunately I got the same exact score. Now Villanova is T3, and considering the peer assessment part of the rankings I don't know how long it will take them to bounce back. Anyways whats my best option here?

User avatar
20130312
Posts: 3842
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Re: ITT you stop my panicking.

Postby 20130312 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:01 pm

In Philly, Nova = Temple, despite what any rankings say.

User avatar
Easy-E
Posts: 5708
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:46 pm

Re: ITT you stop my panicking.

Postby Easy-E » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:07 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:In Philly, Nova = Temple, despite what any rankings say.


+1

Go wherever you can get more money (which looks like Temple in your case).

User avatar
20130312
Posts: 3842
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Re: ITT you stop my panicking.

Postby 20130312 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:10 pm

emarxnj wrote:
InGoodFaith wrote:In Philly, Nova = Temple, despite what any rankings say.


+1

Go wherever you can get more money (which looks like Temple in your case).


Oh, I had thought that the poll showed the total COA at each school. Either way, picking the cheaper of the two is TCR if you want Philly.

User avatar
Mr. Pancakes
Posts: 1234
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: ITT you stop my panicking.

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:20 pm

EWGF wrote:Now Villanova is T3,

wut

User avatar
20130312
Posts: 3842
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Re: ITT you stop my panicking.

Postby 20130312 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:22 pm

Mr. Pancakes wrote:
EWGF wrote:Now Villanova is T3,

wut


>100 = TTT. Nova's ranked 101, which oboviously means they are worthless now.

User avatar
Mr. Pancakes
Posts: 1234
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: ITT you stop my panicking.

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:25 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:
Mr. Pancakes wrote:
EWGF wrote:Now Villanova is T3,

wut


>100 = TTT. Nova's ranked 101, which oboviously means they are worthless now.

snap.

User avatar
Easy-E
Posts: 5708
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:46 pm

Re: ITT you stop my panicking.

Postby Easy-E » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:12 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:
emarxnj wrote:
InGoodFaith wrote:In Philly, Nova = Temple, despite what any rankings say.


+1

Go wherever you can get more money (which looks like Temple in your case).


Oh, I had thought that the poll showed the total COA at each school. Either way, picking the cheaper of the two is TCR if you want Philly.



Whoops strong RC fail on my part, I think you're right.

User avatar
Doorkeeper
Posts: 4872
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: ITT you stop my panicking.

Postby Doorkeeper » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:14 pm

Obviously the correct answer here is to retake again.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: galeatus, Google [Bot], pd_1023 and 2 guests