Could Use Some Advice Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
elr5

New

Could Use Some Advice

Post by elr5 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:44 am

Hey everybody,
So I could use some advice in helping me figure out where to enroll. My options can be boiled down to this:
1/3 scholarships to Bloomington and UILCL
1/2 to WashU, UMN, Washington & Lee, Brooklyn
Full Ride to St. John's
No aid yet from Boston College or GWU
Wait-listed at Colorado and Georgetown

I'm from NY but have no real connections in the legal field to any area, though I'll be starting an unpaid internship on Long Island on 4/1 and my Uncle is an attorney with the NYPD. I really want to end up working in Colorado (can't believe they wait-listed me) but don't know how or if I'll be able to swing that with a degree from the schools I've been accepted to without finishing in the top end of my class (which I'd never feel comfortable assuming). If not CO, practicing in any state along the east coast would be fine with me, really.

Heading into law school I'm most interested in environmental law or intellectual property, though by no means do I feel I HAVE to go into those fields.

Any and all advice from this wonderful community would be much appreciated.

Doorkeeper

Gold

Re: Could Use Some Advice

Post by Doorkeeper » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:32 am

All of these schools are regional. Pick the school based off of where you want to live/work.

Except for Brooklyn. Don't go there.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Re: Could Use Some Advice

Post by CanadianWolf » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:20 am

Your best options currently are the half-tuition scholarships at Minnesota, WashUStL & Wash & Lee. Since you only want to live on the East Coast or in Colorado, then your best option is W&L unless Boston College offers scholarship money or you get off the W/L at Colorado.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”