Best job prospects Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
dreamflower

New

Best job prospects

Post by dreamflower » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:28 am

Can anyone
Last edited by dreamflower on Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ersatz Haderach

Bronze

Re: Best job prospects

Post by Ersatz Haderach » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:44 pm

Case Western: Depends what your goal is, obviously, but generally most people who have jobs at graduation (I think it's around 60% at grad, 80+ at 9mos in new rankings?) are in medium-sized law firms or government. Some Biglaw, but very little - I'd estimate 3-5% of the class in recent years, it used to be twice that or more, so if hiring turns around it could improve. Local government: Very good prospects. Federal government: Decent. State: I don't know, I imagine OSU has even more influence because it's located in Columbus. Clerkships: Poor. No Article 3s in several years. Other: Pretty good JAG placement, but that's a small number no matter where you are. If you are outside the top 15%, you will have to hustle to find a job, the school will not do it for you through OCI, which is pretty limited other than local firms/companies.

A few big local companies hire grads directly into their law department. Again, limited numbers.

Location wise, you're in Cleveland, Ohio in general, nearby cities like Pittsburgh, and historically there are significant numbers of older alums in NYC, LA, and DC. I think in recent years the only one of those to remain true is DC, and most of those are govt. Alums do scatter a bit more than other Ohio schools, but that's partly because they often come from different areas.

srfngdd6

Bronze

Re: Best job prospects

Post by srfngdd6 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:48 pm

where are you from/have ties

Return to “Choosing a Law School”