Hmm Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
dreamflower

New

Hmm

Post by dreamflower » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:26 pm

I
Last edited by dreamflower on Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bronck

Gold

Re: 18 acceptances, what to do?

Post by Bronck » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:32 pm

Where do you have ties?

Which have given you the most money?

You're really going to have to figure out where you want to live since these are all going to be regional schools. I'd suggest going to a school in the region where you have ties, if at all possible.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:33 pm

You really should post them here for a more honest, open discussion. No one is going to identify you based on your school list, and certainly not the schools themselves.

I'll give you some feedback if you want it, but you probably won't like what you hear. If you PM me, I'll want to know 1) where you're from, 2) what your goals are, 3) what the cost of attendance would be at each school (tuition + cost of living - scholarships = COA), and 4) any other factors that might make you somehow unique or different (like your dad is a U.S. senator, or less impressively you have a hard science background for IP).

duckmoney

Silver

Post by duckmoney » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:35 pm

T1 and T2 schools are regional schools; pick one based on a combination of where you want to practice and where you have the lowest total cost of attendance. Do not rely just on the US News rankings.

If you grew up or went to college or otherwise have significant ties to the market that one of these schools places into, that will you give you a huge boost. For instance, if you go to Alabama, you will have a way better shot at Birmingham biglaw if you went to high school Birmingham than if you spent your entire life in Seattle.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”