Texas vs. BU

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Texas vs. BU, everything else equal?

Texas
58%
BU
42%

Total votes: 12

Limbo

Texas vs. BU

Postby Limbo » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:07 pm

I've been admitted to law school at the University of Texas and Boston University. Those are the best options I'm going to have, as I've been rejected by all better schools I applied to. I have similar, modest scholarship offers at both places. My question is whether there is really a serious basis for choosing between them, other than geography. I'm not attached to practicing law in either place, or opposed to it (I've lived in both regions and liked them), though I have some preference for the northeast. I would just like to have the best, widest range of options I can get. I'd love thoughts from anyone who knows both. There's some US News difference but I wonder how meaningful that is.

Thank you!

bk1

Re: Texas vs. BU

Postby bk1 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:09 pm

Limbo wrote:My question is whether there is really a serious basis for choosing between them, other than geography.

There is not.

de5igual

Re: Texas vs. BU

Postby de5igual » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:14 pm

Limbo wrote:I've been admitted to law school at the University of Texas and Boston University. Those are the best options I'm going to have, as I've been rejected by all better schools I applied to. I have similar, modest scholarship offers at both places. My question is whether there is really a serious basis for choosing between them, other than geography. I'm not attached to practicing law in either place, or opposed to it (I've lived in both regions and liked them), though I have some preference for the northeast. I would just like to have the best, widest range of options I can get. I'd love thoughts from anyone who knows both. There's some US News difference but I wonder how meaningful that is.

Thank you!

BU for the bolded. Not that it's impossible to get to the northeast from Texas, but you might have an easier time at BU.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”