Need help deciding what school

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
OhioU26

Need help deciding what school

Postby OhioU26 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:43 pm

I know I will get ripped for this post, but I am in desire need of advice. I have been accepted to Ohio Northern, Northern Kentucky, Valpo., Capital, U of Dayton, Cleveland State, and waiting to hear from Case. What do you guys think about these schools (besides they are TTT,TTTT. I have researched the risks and I am driven to make it through law school). What do you guys think will be the best? I do not have any desire to do biglaw, and want to stay in the Dayton/Columbus/Eastern Penn area. Any advice would be great guys thanks

justicefishy

Re: Need help deciding what school

Postby justicefishy » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:50 pm

OhioU26 wrote:I know I will get ripped for this post, but I am in desire need of advice. I have been accepted to Ohio Northern, Northern Kentucky, Valpo., Capital, U of Dayton, Cleveland State, and waiting to hear from Case. What do you guys think about these schools (besides they are TTT,TTTT. I have researched the risks and I am driven to make it through law school). What do you guys think will be the best? I do not have any desire to do biglaw, and want to stay in the Dayton/Columbus/Eastern Penn area. Any advice would be great guys thanks

Do you have money from any of them? Are there any stipulations? Which area do you have the most connections to? Where do you want to live?

OhioU26

Postby OhioU26 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:54 pm

Do you have money from any of them? Are there any stipulations? Which area do you have the most connections to? Where do you want to live?[/quote]
I have 25,000 a year from ONU (maintain a 3.0), NKU and UD sent offers and I should receive them at my house any day now, Valpo gave me 18,000 (2.7).... I have most of my connections in Dayton and Pittsburgh. I have a loose connection through some family in Cleveland. Would prefer Dayton, Pittsburgh, or Columbus.

Postby 20130312 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:57 pm

OhioU26 wrote:I am in desire need of advice.

--ImageRemoved--

OhioU26

Postby OhioU26 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:01 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:
OhioU26 wrote:I am in desire need of advice.

--ImageRemoved--

+1 hahaha that was good

ajusf16

Postby ajusf16 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:56 am

How long did it take to hear back from ONU and Dayton? From when your app was marked complete?

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:31 am

OP: What are your numbers ? How many LSAT sittings ? To which other law schools did/have you applied ?

Regarding your listed choices, only attend if you receive full tuition & fees scholarships, in my opinion, because you probably will have to open your own office after law school.

Lwoods

Postby Lwoods » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:57 am

Don't go into debt for any of those (except maybe Case, but even then, I'd say no more than $50k total is desireable).

If those are free options, though, Capital seems to do alright for itself in Columbus. Pre-ITE, I get the impression that fewer native Ohioan T14ers came back here and fewer tOSU students stayed, so a good proportion of the practitioners in Columbus are Capital alumni. The job market is much more rough now. The pecking order for the Columbus market seems to be T14>tOSU>Capital/UC/Case>Other Ohio schools>non-Ohio schools. I don't imagine Capital will get you beyond Columbus, though.

If a retake isn't possible, and you know this is absolutely, positively what you want to do, I'd look into getting a paralegal gig at Nationwide (huge legal department; good for networking) and going to Capital at night. Don't take out loans for any of those schools, though.

MrAnon

Postby MrAnon » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:01 pm

go with the one that gives you the most money.

Chances are very high you will be left in the same position after law school that you were after college: Just finished with another degree, wondering where and how to find work.

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:18 pm

Return to “Choosing a Law School”