Help me choose Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

ND vs Fordham vs Cardozo vs UIUC vs st johns

Notre Dame $ 45,000
59%
St. John's Full Ride no tips
9%
UIUC $33,000
3%
Fordham Sticker
13%
Cardozo $ 75, 000
16%

Total votes: 32

answer23

Bronze

Help me choose

Post by answer23 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:41 pm

--
Last edited by answer23 on Sun May 27, 2012 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doorkeeper

Gold

Re: Help me choose

Post by Doorkeeper » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:00 pm

1) What do you want to do?
2) Where do you want to practice?
3) Is the money numbers the scholarships offered? If so, is that total each year or total?

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:05 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:1) What do you want to do?
3) Is the money numbers the scholarships offered? If so, is that total each year or total?
+1. Useless without this info.

answer23

Bronze

Post by answer23 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:35 pm

[quote="Doorkeeper"]1) What do you want to do?
3) Is the money numbers the scholarships offered? If so, is that total each year or total?[

--
Last edited by answer23 on Sun May 27, 2012 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:37 pm

Where are you from?

Also, the thought of Ice Miller as a "lifestyle firm" is about the biggest lulz I've had all day.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

josh43299

Bronze

Post by josh43299 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:41 pm

answer23 wrote:
1. I want to work in in fed honors type of agency, state attorney generals, midsize firm or lifestyle firm like ice miller or Nixon Peabody. I don't have any interest in big firms with a lot of overtime requirements. I'm not particularly concern about location. I have ties to NYC. I would like to work in NYC if the situation is right for me.
2. I'm flexible about where I want to practice at this point in my life. I have ties to NYC which probaly means that I could be stuck in NYC after law school.
3. Scholarships are for 3 years total.
If you want NYC, St. Johns and drop out if you lose your scholarship. Do not go deep in debt for any of these schools.

benburns214

Bronze

Post by benburns214 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:44 pm

josh43299 wrote:
answer23 wrote:
1. I want to work in in fed honors type of agency, state attorney generals, midsize firm or lifestyle firm like ice miller or Nixon Peabody. I don't have any interest in big firms with a lot of overtime requirements. I'm not particularly concern about location. I have ties to NYC. I would like to work in NYC if the situation is right for me.
2. I'm flexible about where I want to practice at this point in my life. I have ties to NYC which probaly means that I could be stuck in NYC after law school.
If you want NYC, St. Johns and drop out if you lose your scholarship. Do not go deep in debt for any of these schools.

josh43299

Bronze

Post by josh43299 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:55 pm

benburns214 wrote:
josh43299 wrote:
answer23 wrote:
I did say "if NYC..." I voted for Notre Dame though.

answer23

Bronze

Post by answer23 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:08 pm

Can the people who voted explain why?
Last edited by answer23 on Mon May 28, 2012 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Robespierre

Silver

Post by Robespierre » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:45 pm

I voted Dozo because if you really want NYC, it's the best value. The placement gap between Fordham and Dozo is narrowing according to the latest NLJ250 numbers and Fordham is no longer worth 75K more. St. John's isn't placing at all in this environment.

If you don't really want NYC, then Notre Dame, I guess. Quasi-national school with a rabid following.

You need to decide once and for all where you want to practice.

Now that I offered you my thoughts, could you please help ME out ... How did you get St. John's to drop the stips?

answer23

Bronze

Post by answer23 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:49 pm

Robespierre wrote:I voted Dozo because if you really want NYC, it's the best value. The placement gap between Fordham and Dozo is narrowing according to the latest NLJ250 numbers and Fordham is no longer worth 75K more. St. John's isn't placing at all in this environment.

If you don't really want NYC, then Notre Dame, I guess. Quasi-national school with a rabid following.

You need to decide once and for all where you want to practice.

Now that I offered you my thoughts, could you please help ME out ... How did you get St. John's to drop the stips?
I did not get them to drop the stips. I just received one of the named scholarships that only requires good academic standing.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”