Why is there no sticky in this forum?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
chiwachiwa
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:42 pm

Why is there no sticky in this forum?

Postby chiwachiwa » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:36 pm

This forum needs a template for all "what school should I go to" questions. It's excruciating to have to read through paragraphs of drivel to get to the pertinent information in an OP. And even worse, most people don't even post all the info necessary to give advice, so posters have to drag it out of them, question-by-question.

TOPIC: School A (cost of attendance, see below) vs. School B (COA) vs. School C (COA)
POST:
LSAT
GPA
Undergrad and major
Whether you are K-JD or working or nontrad
Pre-LS debt
Cost of attendance at each school. NOT scholarship, NOT "$$$" vs. "$$," NOT anything else. How much will you pay per year at each school?
Cities/regions you want to work in post-graduation, ranked in your order of preference
Cities/regions where you have connections and what those connections are (family, undergrad, grew up there, whatever)
Etc.

This would make reading this forum a happier experience and would get more advice to more posters/applicants.

User avatar
Gail
Posts: 977
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:11 am

Re: Why is there no sticky in this forum?

Postby Gail » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:55 pm

name and ssn if at all possible too.


deepest personal fears and insecurities are optional.


ps. sorry for the excruciating writing. i'll be more formal for llm. jk jk.

ringo
Posts: 109
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:25 pm

Re: Why is there no sticky in this forum?

Postby ringo » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:59 am

chiwachiwa wrote:Cost of attendance at each school. NOT scholarship, NOT "$$$" vs. "$$," NOT anything else. How much will you pay per year at each school?


Not doing this indicates an inability to identify what facts are relevant. TCR for those people is don't go to law school.

User avatar
Green Glass Windows
Posts: 743
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: Why is there no sticky in this forum?

Postby Green Glass Windows » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:17 pm

ringo wrote:
chiwachiwa wrote:Cost of attendance at each school. NOT scholarship, NOT "$$$" vs. "$$," NOT anything else. How much will you pay per year at each school?


Not doing this indicates an inability to identify what facts are relevant. TCR for those people is don't go to law school.

Or fear of outing oneself may be a factor. Just a thought.

chiwachiwa
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:42 pm

Re: Why is there no sticky in this forum?

Postby chiwachiwa » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:43 pm

Green Glass Windows wrote:
ringo wrote:
chiwachiwa wrote:Cost of attendance at each school. NOT scholarship, NOT "$$$" vs. "$$," NOT anything else. How much will you pay per year at each school?


Not doing this indicates an inability to identify what facts are relevant. TCR for those people is don't go to law school.

Or fear of outing oneself may be a factor. Just a thought.

Then don't expect reasoned responses; it's impossible to provide them without dollar figures. Fudge a little if you must.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], BuddyHoller, hwwong and 3 guests