JCFindley wrote:Must be nice to have the option to hang out another year hoping you will do better next year.
Just curious, why not go to a "lesser" school then transfer later?
Because it is both much easier to improve on and cheaper to take the LSAT than it is to go to a school and do well enough to transfer.
Option 1: Get a job that pays your bills, study for the LSAT on the side. The job will cover any expenses you have and the LSAT will cost $1000-2000 at most (assuming a tutor or a class) or merely a few hundred dollars if you self-study (plenty of amazing guides for that on this site). If you don't do well you can do it again, and again, and again until you get the LSAT you need.
Option 2: Go to a crappy school. Take out loans for cost of living as well as tuition putting you in tens of thousands of dollars of debt for a single year. Compete against classmates who have a similar LSAT/GPA to you and who are working just as hard as you are while getting thrown into a forced curve. If you're top 10%, yay you can transfer. The other 90% of the time you've wasted a year of your life, racked up a ton of debt, and are stuck because you don't have the option of retaking your 1L.
Pretty obvious which one is the smarter path.