Duke or Cornell Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Duke or Cornell

Duke
55%
Cornell
45%

Total votes: 96

bogart

Bronze

Re: Duke or Cornell

Post by bogart » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:31 pm

barneytrouble wrote:
bogart wrote: Alumni hire you, that is why they are important. ivy prestige looks good to clients, that is why it is important. ithaca is more fun than the south, that is why it is important.
lolok
when it comes time for you to interview you will understand the importance of alumni. When it comes time for you to work, you will understand the importance of your firm bio and what clients think of it. When it comes time to have a coke induced threesome with two jewish girls while listening to indie music in a trendy flat over looking the commons, then you will understand the importance of ithaca. This last part should be undeniable as there are no jews in the south and very little blow.

barneytrouble

Bronze

Post by barneytrouble » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:37 pm

bogart wrote:
barneytrouble wrote:
bogart wrote: Alumni hire you, that is why they are important. ivy prestige looks good to clients, that is why it is important. ithaca is more fun than the south, that is why it is important.
lolok
when it comes time for you to interview you will understand the importance of alumni. When it comes time for you to work, you will understand the importance of your firm bio and what clients think of it. When it comes time to have a coke induced threesome with two jewish girls while listening to indie music in a trendy flat over looking the commons, then you will understand the importance of ithaca. This last part should be undeniable as there are no jews in the south and very little blow.
GULC has more alumni than Cornell, as well as more prestige. GULC >>> Cornell?

lol when you find yourself in a hole just stop digging man.

bogart

Bronze

Post by bogart » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:01 pm

barneytrouble wrote:
bogart wrote:
barneytrouble wrote:
lolok
GULC has more alumni than Cornell, as well as more prestige. GULC >>> Cornell?

lol when you find yourself in a hole just stop digging man.
Wait a minute friend. I never equated "more" with "better" or even good for that matter. that is something you are doing. The same can be said for your "prestige" argument. moreover, you are walking around my entire point and apparently have failed to understand any of it. Perhaps this is due to your lack of experience, which I certainly do not begrudge you of; in fact, I admire it. I take my writings very seriously, so I would appreciate it if you would not cock up what I write. Thank you.

FlanAl

Silver

Post by FlanAl » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:56 pm

bogart wrote:
barneytrouble wrote:
lolok
duke is basically SUNY at Durham, there are next to no southerners there and a TON of northeast people. and yes quite a few people of the jewish faith. duke alums are probably just as pumped on their school as cornell ones.

KMaine

Silver

Post by KMaine » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:04 pm

beachbum wrote: Would also like to point out that this data sure makes (at least) the entire lower-T14 look like peer schools
I wish TLS would realize this.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bogart

Bronze

Post by bogart » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:00 pm

KMaine wrote:
beachbum wrote: Would also like to point out that this data sure makes (at least) the entire lower-T14 look like peer schools
I wish TLS would realize this.
All of my joking aside, this is the absolute truth. Well said by both of you.

barneytrouble

Bronze

Post by barneytrouble » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:56 am

bogart wrote: Wait a minute friend. I never equated "more" with "better" or even good for that matter. that is something you are doing. The same can be said for your "prestige" argument. moreover, you are walking around my entire point and apparently have failed to understand any of it. Perhaps this is due to your lack of experience, which I certainly do not begrudge you of; in fact, I admire it. I take my writings very seriously, so I would appreciate it if you would not cock up what I write. Thank you.
lol. Drop the shovel buddy. Just put it down.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”