TJLS full ride vs. Cal Western half ride

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Go to which school?

TJSL-Full Ride
50%
Cal Western-Half Ride
No votes
Lewis and Clark-no scholarship
14%
Miami-no scholarship
36%

Total votes: 14

ballab

TJLS full ride vs. Cal Western half ride

Postby ballab » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:50 am

What to chose? I know Cal Western is generally regarded as a better school, but seeing as I am paying my own way I feel that TJSL may be the financially responsible decision. Bar passage rates at TJSL make me question it though. Also got into Miami, Lewis and Clark. Was waitlisted at American.

Re: TJLS full ride vs. Cal Western half ride

Postby 071816 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:53 am

None of those schools are worth attending, especially at those prices.

PDaddy

Postby PDaddy » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:58 am

Your choices are not great. If I were you, I would hold out and try to make myself a stronger applicant next year or even the year after. Get that LSAT score up and get some good work experience.

Miami would ordinarily be a decent choice, but it's never worth sticker. Ditto American and L & C. Don't go to any of those schools w/o at least 75% scholly.

Just out of curiosity, what are the stips at TJSL? If the scholly is guaranteed for three years w/2.0 GPA, and you are dead-set on going this year, that may be your best option. You could get a little scholly money from American, but it's rare when you come from the WL. I say wait and reapply.

ballab

Postby ballab » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:08 am

PDaddy wrote:Your choices are not great. If I were you, I would hold out and try to make myself a stronger applicant next year or even the year after. Get that LSAT score up and get some good work experience.

Miami would ordinarily be a decent choice, but it's never worth sticker. Ditto American and L & C. Don't go to any of those schools w/o at least 75% scholly.

Just out of curiosity, what are the stips at TJSL? If the scholly is guaranteed for three years w/2.0 GPA, and you are dead-set on going this year, that may be your best option. You could get a little scholly money from American, but it's rare when you come from the WL. I say wait and reapply.

Only stip is to stay in the top 25% of the class. I am 1 year out of undergrad, only 22 years old. Do i really have much to lose by going to TJSL full ride.

Postby 071816 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:14 am

ballab wrote:
PDaddy wrote:Your choices are not great. If I were you, I would hold out and try to make myself a stronger applicant next year or even the year after. Get that LSAT score up and get some good work experience.

Only stip is to stay in the top 25% of the class. I am 1 year out of undergrad, only 22 years old. Do i really have much to lose by going to TJSL full ride.

Do you realize that this is extremely difficult to do?

Jaeger

Postby Jaeger » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:23 am

Troll.

cpinker3

Postby cpinker3 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:00 am

-
Last edited by cpinker3 on Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:35 pm

ballab wrote:What to chose? I know Cal Western is generally regarded as a better school, but seeing as I am paying my own way I feel that TJSL may be the financially responsible decision. Bar passage rates at TJSL make me question it though. Also got into Miami, Lewis and Clark. Was waitlisted at American.

These are just atrocious options. They are either 1) insanely expensive for mediocre job prospects, or 2) have literally almost no job prospects to speak of. If you go to TJLS, I would bet a hefty sum of money that you drop or fail out, fail the bar exam, or can't find a J.D.-required permanent job. I think TJLS gives Cooley a run for the least-respected, worst-outcome law school on the planet.

Also, these schools are scattered across the country with zero regard for geographic preferences or ties. How the hell did you pick these schools? This list is so bad I am inclined to think you are a flame, but if you aren't, you need to hit the brake pedal before you drive your professional and financial life right off a cliff.

Tiago Splitter

Postby Tiago Splitter » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:19 pm

romothesavior wrote:Also, these schools are scattered across the country with zero regard for geographic preferences or ties. How the hell did you pick these schools? This list is so bad I am inclined to think you are a flame, but if you aren't, you need to hit the brake pedal before you drive your professional and financial life right off a cliff.

Based on the thread title I'm assuming there are ties to San Diego. Unfortunately there aren't any schools worth attending in San Diego.

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:24 pm

Return to “Choosing a Law School”