2013 Rankings

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
User avatar
soj
Posts: 7735
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: Predicting 2013 Rankings

Postby soj » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:31 pm

neonx wrote:Stanford Law is going crazy about the rankings right now!

SO PUMPED.

all in good fun

but the movie was supposed to be set at chicago and harvard snatched it up trying to use lay prestige to distract people from the diluted faculty. the only reason harvard is ranked so high is lay prestige, yale because all the peer reputation scorers went there for law school, stanford because it benefits from california's low bar passage rate (did you know US News punishes schools in states with easy exams like Illinois?!), and columbia--well, it's just a matter of time before chicago leaps over them. based on my quick number crunching, i'd say about about 80% chance it leaps over CLS next year, 5% it leaps over SLS and HLS.
Last edited by soj on Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
NZA
Posts: 1285
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:01 pm

Re: The official rankings release thread

Postby NZA » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:31 pm

The (fucking awful) brief I'm (not) writing right now may be the sole reason for M's drop.

I take full responsibility.

User avatar
moneybagsphd
Posts: 889
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:07 pm

Re: Predicting 2013 Rankings

Postby moneybagsphd » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:32 pm

Detailed Michigan Info anyone?

llachans
Posts: 597
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:54 pm

Re: The official rankings release thread

Postby llachans » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:32 pm

I can't see some of the info on the chart because i don't have an account with the Law School Compass. Could someone be so kind to post the last column (Graduates known to be employed after 9 months) for those of us who can't see it? Or could someone be so kind to PM me and I'll let you know the handful of schools I'm curious about?

Thanks!

User avatar
thexfactor
Posts: 1277
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:40 am

Re: Predicting 2013 Rankings

Postby thexfactor » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:33 pm

Bronck wrote:
illini22 wrote:Illinois numebers please. Im curious as to what numbers were used and how much we got punished in score.


Illinois:
Score 64
Peer assessment score (out of 5) 3.1
Assessment score by lawyers/judges (out of 5) 3.8
GPA (25th-75th percentile) 3.38-3.85
Median undergraduate GPA for all program entrants 3.70
LSAT scores (25th-75th percentile) 156-168
Median LSAT score for all program entrants 163
Graduates known to be employed nine months after graduation 87.2%



wait a min... isn't that wrong?

User avatar
JusticeHarlan
Posts: 1434
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:56 pm

Re: The official rankings release thread

Postby JusticeHarlan » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:33 pm

Jaeger wrote:So...


the purpose of this thread is to comment on why the rankings don't matter and if you say anything else, you're attacked?


So then, why the thread?

Teh lulz, obvi

User avatar
skers
Posts: 4950
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:33 am

Re: Predicting 2013 Rankings

Postby skers » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:33 pm

moneybagsphd wrote:Detailed Michigan Info anyone?


Look back like three pages ago dude.

User avatar
Bronck
Posts: 2025
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: Predicting 2013 Rankings

Postby Bronck » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:33 pm

Gail wrote:WFU and I'll leave, thanks!


WFU:
Score 59
Peer assessment score (out of 5) 3.1
Assessment score by lawyers/judges (out of 5) 3.7
GPA (25th-75th percentile) 3.2-3.8
Median undergraduate GPA for all program entrants 3.60
LSAT scores (25th-75th percentile) 160-164
Median LSAT score for all program entrants 163
Graduates known to be employed nine months after graduation 83.2%

josh43299
Posts: 207
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:29 pm

Re: Predicting 2013 Rankings

Postby josh43299 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:34 pm

Does anyone know where I can find the U.S. News guidelines that they were trying to get adopted for employment? Can anyone verify that some of these schools chose to adopt these guidelines (be more honest)? From what I am seeing there is a disparity that makes absolutely no sense with employment... schools like UNC and WUSTL got fucked when you look at medians/reputation scores/etc. I am guessing this means that they were the more honest of the bunch. Some of these fluctuations looks like absolute nonsense compared to the changes in prior years.

User avatar
ph14
Posts: 3225
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:15 pm

Re: Predicting 2013 Rankings

Postby ph14 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:35 pm

Can someone find the average rankings of the T-14 over the past 10 years (or something similar)? I know i've seen something like that floating around, can't find it though.

DevilDaze
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:23 pm

Re: Predicting 2013 Rankings

Postby DevilDaze » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:35 pm

BU Info please

PinkRevolver
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:56 am

Re: The official rankings release thread

Postby PinkRevolver » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:36 pm

Blindmelon wrote:lol at GW (56%) and Emory having below 60% employment rates and being ranked well above Fordham, BU, BC. What the hell are these rankings supposed to measure anyway?



My thoughts exactly!!

User avatar
WonkyPanda
Posts: 346
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:35 pm

Re: Predicting 2013 Rankings

Postby WonkyPanda » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:36 pm

Data on Boalt, please!

User avatar
mattviphky
Posts: 1117
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:43 pm

Re: Predicting 2013 Rankings

Postby mattviphky » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:36 pm

thexfactor wrote:
Bronck wrote:
illini22 wrote:Illinois numebers please. Im curious as to what numbers were used and how much we got punished in score.


Illinois:
Score 64
Peer assessment score (out of 5) 3.1
Assessment score by lawyers/judges (out of 5) 3.8
GPA (25th-75th percentile) 3.38-3.85
Median undergraduate GPA for all program entrants 3.70
LSAT scores (25th-75th percentile) 156-168
Median LSAT score for all program entrants 163
Graduates known to be employed nine months after graduation 87.2%



wait a min... isn't that wrong?


No. They had reported a MEDIAN of 168

jsmith201
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:56 pm

Re: Predicting 2013 Rankings

Postby jsmith201 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:37 pm

Thanks Bronck...you made my evening!

rad lulz
Posts: 9844
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: The official rankings release thread

Postby rad lulz » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:37 pm

.
Last edited by rad lulz on Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
flyingduck
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:23 pm

Re: Predicting 2013 Rankings

Postby flyingduck » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:37 pm

Looks like Illinois dropped off the deep end. 23=>35 :shock:
Last edited by flyingduck on Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Big Shrimpin
Posts: 2468
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:35 pm

Re: Predicting 2013 Rankings

Postby Big Shrimpin » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:37 pm

ph14 wrote:Can someone find the average rankings of the T-14 over the past 10 years (or something similar)? I know i've seen something like that floating around, can't find it though.


I've got the link on my comp but poasting on iPhone now. Will poast tomorrow if nobody else finds it.

User avatar
Bronck
Posts: 2025
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: Predicting 2013 Rankings

Postby Bronck » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:38 pm

DevilDaze wrote:BU Info please


BU:
Score 67
Peer assessment score (out of 5) 3.4
Assessment score by lawyers/judges (out of 5) 3.8
GPA (25th-75th percentile) 3.5-3.78
Median undergraduate GPA for all program entrants 3.72
LSAT scores (25th-75th percentile) 163-167
Median LSAT score for all program entrants 167
Graduates known to be employed nine months after graduation 86.8%

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: Predicting 2013 Rankings

Postby romothesavior » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:38 pm

chimp wrote:Wustl got pwned

For being the only school in our range to report employment data according to new ABA standards. USNWR doesn't give a shit about vetting that process. We knew we were gonna fall, and I'm glad we did for all the right reasons. Our stats may still be inflated a bit, but we are doing the right thing and moving in the right direction. This has zero impact on the school or our hiring, and once the ABA cracks the whip on everyone else we will be back up to where we belong.

And I think I speak for everyone at the school on this one. No one is losing any sleep over it and we all understand and appreciate the reason for the drop.

pret
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:07 pm

Re: Predicting 2013 Rankings

Postby pret » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:39 pm

Thank you Bronck!

Some schools really plummeted. Look at W&M.
Last edited by pret on Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PinkRevolver
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:56 am

Re: The official rankings release thread

Postby PinkRevolver » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:39 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:
TTRansfer wrote:
col.faith wrote:What did UW do to deserve the 10-spot climb? Bribed usnews? With BU,BC,Fordham all clustered around 30, the ranking outside the T14 is becoming more arbitrary every year.


BC and BU seem to be really low for the solid numbers they seem to have for employment.


Must be their lack of adequate library space.





Lmaooo. Cooley Logic.

User avatar
moneybagsphd
Posts: 889
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:07 pm

Re: Predicting 2013 Rankings

Postby moneybagsphd » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:39 pm

TemporarySaint wrote:
moneybagsphd wrote:Detailed Michigan Info anyone?


Look back like three pages ago dude.

assessment scores?

FinallyGoing
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:52 pm

Re: Predicting 2013 Rankings

Postby FinallyGoing » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:39 pm

UNLV and ASU please.

User avatar
TLS_noobie
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:17 pm

Re: The official rankings release thread

Postby TLS_noobie » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:40 pm

PinkRevolver wrote:
InGoodFaith wrote:
TTRansfer wrote:
col.faith wrote:What did UW do to deserve the 10-spot climb? Bribed usnews? With BU,BC,Fordham all clustered around 30, the ranking outside the T14 is becoming more arbitrary every year.


BC and BU seem to be really low for the solid numbers they seem to have for employment.


Must be their lack of adequate library space.





Lmaooo. Cooley Logic.


No...it is because of their crap websites obviously...




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests