2013 Rankings

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
TheRedMamba
Posts: 177
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:33 pm

Re: Predicting 2013 Rankings

Postby TheRedMamba » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:58 pm

redsoxfan2495 wrote:There are no trolls like Chicago trolls. Unfortunately I think Chicago is more likely to tie or pass Columbia than get passed by NYU. Then again, maybe Columbia will tie Stanford and we can have one year to troll like crazy by using "YHSC" as often as we possibly can. Honestly though, I don't expect anything too exciting. Texas will probably fall back out of the T14, but that's about it.


if Columbia gets a 173 LSAT median (not saying this will happen but it has been speculated in some of the c/o 2015 cycle threads) they could make a push for Stanford

User avatar
Flash
Posts: 433
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:24 pm

Re: Predicting 2013 Rankings

Postby Flash » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:01 pm

SBL wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:
jetissent wrote:I hope NYU and Chi switch. As an 0L in at both--no t14 students troll like a chi trolls. The rant threads would be quite entertaining.

Good job subtly working in the fact that you've been admitted to both.

I just made that hand gesture for jerking off when I read his post.

Image

TheRedMamba
Posts: 177
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:33 pm

Re: Predicting 2013 Rankings

Postby TheRedMamba » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:04 pm

TheRedMamba wrote:
redsoxfan2495 wrote:There are no trolls like Chicago trolls. Unfortunately I think Chicago is more likely to tie or pass Columbia than get passed by NYU. Then again, maybe Columbia will tie Stanford and we can have one year to troll like crazy by using "YHSC" as often as we possibly can. Honestly though, I don't expect anything too exciting. Texas will probably fall back out of the T14, but that's about it.


if Columbia gets a 173 LSAT median (not saying this will happen but it has been speculated in some of the c/o 2015 cycle threads) they could make a push for Stanford


I guess that would be for next year's rankings though....nvm me!

User avatar
Bronck
Posts: 2025
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: Predicting 2013 Rankings

Postby Bronck » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:29 pm

redsoxfan2495 wrote:There are no trolls like Chicago trolls. Unfortunately I think Chicago is more likely to tie or pass Columbia than get passed by NYU. Then again, maybe Columbia will tie Stanford and we can have one year to troll like crazy by using "YHSC" as often as we possibly can. Honestly though, I don't expect anything too exciting. Texas will probably fall back out of the T14, but that's about it.


The same two point gap exists between SLS-CLS (94 v 92) and CLS-Chi (92 v 90), while only a one point gap exists between Chi-NYU (90 v 89). My guess is overall rankings stay the same in the T6.

User avatar
Flash
Posts: 433
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:24 pm

Re: Predicting 2013 Rankings

Postby Flash » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:34 pm

Bronck wrote:
redsoxfan2495 wrote:There are no trolls like Chicago trolls. Unfortunately I think Chicago is more likely to tie or pass Columbia than get passed by NYU. Then again, maybe Columbia will tie Stanford and we can have one year to troll like crazy by using "YHSC" as often as we possibly can. Honestly though, I don't expect anything too exciting. Texas will probably fall back out of the T14, but that's about it.


The same two point gap exists between SLS-CLS (94 v 92) and CLS-Chi (92 v 90), while only a one point gap exists between Chi-NYU (90 v 89). My guess is overall rankings stay the same in the T6.

Chicago's $/student is going to go way up with the Ruby money. I don't know if it'll tie Columbia though. If Columbia ties Stanford this year or next, then the rankings will be even more worthless than they are now.

and if you think I'm a Chicago troll you're wrong. I hate almost everything about this school.

User avatar
Bronck
Posts: 2025
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: Predicting 2013 Rankings

Postby Bronck » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:38 pm

Flash wrote:
Bronck wrote:
redsoxfan2495 wrote:There are no trolls like Chicago trolls. Unfortunately I think Chicago is more likely to tie or pass Columbia than get passed by NYU. Then again, maybe Columbia will tie Stanford and we can have one year to troll like crazy by using "YHSC" as often as we possibly can. Honestly though, I don't expect anything too exciting. Texas will probably fall back out of the T14, but that's about it.


The same two point gap exists between SLS-CLS (94 v 92) and CLS-Chi (92 v 90), while only a one point gap exists between Chi-NYU (90 v 89). My guess is overall rankings stay the same in the T6.

Chicago's $/student is going to go way up with the Ruby money. I don't know if it'll tie Columbia though. If Columbia ties Stanford this year or next, then the rankings will be even more worthless than they are now.

and if you think I'm a Chicago troll you're wrong. I hate almost everything about this school.


Lol

User avatar
cactuarX3
Posts: 686
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:51 pm

Re: Predicting 2013 Rankings

Postby cactuarX3 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:43 pm

I hope Northwestern at least passes up Duke or somehow magically joins the T10. They gave out full rides to all ED admits so probably a few people with HYSCCN numbers who would not have EDed to NU did and got in, thus inflating GPA/LSAT numbers.

User avatar
Bronck
Posts: 2025
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: Predicting 2013 Rankings

Postby Bronck » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:45 pm

cactuarX3 wrote:I hope Northwestern at least passes up Duke or somehow magically joins the T10. They gave out full rides to all ED admits so probably a few people with HYSCCN numbers who would not have EDed to NU did and got in, thus inflating GPA/LSAT numbers.


That was implemented this cycle, so even if there is some sort of impact, we wouldn't see it until next year's rankings.

User avatar
redsoxfan2495
Posts: 273
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:13 am

Re: Predicting 2013 Rankings

Postby redsoxfan2495 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:55 pm

Bronck wrote:
redsoxfan2495 wrote:There are no trolls like Chicago trolls. Unfortunately I think Chicago is more likely to tie or pass Columbia than get passed by NYU. Then again, maybe Columbia will tie Stanford and we can have one year to troll like crazy by using "YHSC" as often as we possibly can. Honestly though, I don't expect anything too exciting. Texas will probably fall back out of the T14, but that's about it.


The same two point gap exists between SLS-CLS (94 v 92) and CLS-Chi (92 v 90), while only a one point gap exists between Chi-NYU (90 v 89). My guess is overall rankings stay the same in the T6.
If I'm not mistaken the year before last SLS was at 92 and CLS was at 90, meaning that if SLS had remained stationary it would've been caught in a tie. The potential for one of CCN to tie SLS one of these years is definitely there.

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: Predicting 2013 Rankings

Postby dproduct » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:10 am

Chucky21 wrote:1) Yale
2) Harvard
3) Stanford
4) Columbia
5) Chicago
6) NYU
7) UPenn
T8) Michigan, Virginia, Cornell
T11) Berkeley, Duke, NU
14) GULC
RETAKE


dead.

User avatar
Doorkeeper
Posts: 4872
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: Predicting 2013 Rankings

Postby Doorkeeper » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:25 am

Flash wrote:and if you think I'm a Chicago troll you're wrong. I hate almost everything about this school.


Go on...

rad lulz
Posts: 9844
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: Predicting 2013 Rankings

Postby rad lulz » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:42 am

.
Last edited by rad lulz on Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
koalatriste
Posts: 269
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:08 pm

Re: Predicting 2013 Rankings

Postby koalatriste » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:46 am

1. Yale
2. Harvard
2. Stanford
4. Columbia
4. Chicago
4. NYU
7. Penn
8. UVA
8. Michigan
8. Berkeley
11. Duke
12. Northwestern
13. Cornell
14. GULC
15. UT

i'm into threesomes FYI

User avatar
Flash
Posts: 433
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:24 pm

Re: Predicting 2013 Rankings

Postby Flash » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:49 am

Doorkeeper wrote:
Flash wrote:and if you think I'm a Chicago troll you're wrong. I hate almost everything about this school.


Go on...

It's nothing Chicago specific. I just don't like law school.

User avatar
koalatriste
Posts: 269
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:08 pm

Re: Predicting 2013 Rankings

Postby koalatriste » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:52 am

Flash wrote:
Doorkeeper wrote:
Flash wrote:and if you think I'm a Chicago troll you're wrong. I hate almost everything about this school.


Go on...

It's nothing Chicago specific. I just don't like law school.


WHO THE F**K DOES

User avatar
Flash
Posts: 433
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:24 pm

Re: Predicting 2013 Rankings

Postby Flash » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:53 am

koalatriste wrote:
Flash wrote:
Doorkeeper wrote:
Flash wrote:and if you think I'm a Chicago troll you're wrong. I hate almost everything about this school.


Go on...

It's nothing Chicago specific. I just don't like law school.


WHO THE F**K DOES

A bunch of insufferable gunner classmates.

Lord Randolph McDuff
Posts: 1587
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:37 pm

Re: Predicting 2013 Rankings

Postby Lord Randolph McDuff » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:58 am

I'll play, but the T-14 is no fun cuz it never changes.

I can see UT holding on to the tie with GULC, or even pushing beyond them. I think the dean thing hurts but I think they average two years for the peer review part..

Illinois falls to 40 this year or next due to huge embarrassment over lying to the whole country about its incoming students. 168 median? try 163.

Hastings gets fuzzy with math and pushes their rank up to where their peer scores say it should be, 30 or so. Emory bounces back a little, 28, trolls go home on Emory is TTT.

Everyones employment goes down with new recording rules so schools like SMU and CU (both are like 164 or 165 and 3.65) with high medians for their rank move up.

Pepperdine renews its push up the charts with its "lets travel around the country and tell everyone how great we are, strategy." Maybe T1.

FSU back to T2.

Seton Hall back down to where it belongs.

Mizzou is somehow TTT now and that has to change. I think four years ago they were like #51? At least back in T2 now that they've got their career services straitened out (aka now willing to lie).



That's all I got.


Edit. Forgot to add a Romney bump for BYU. I'll give it 32.

vulpixie
Posts: 141
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:41 am

Re: Predicting 2013 Rankings

Postby vulpixie » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:16 am

koalatriste wrote:2. Harvard
2. Stanford


No.

User avatar
moneybagsphd
Posts: 889
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:07 pm

Re: Predicting 2013 Rankings

Postby moneybagsphd » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:23 am

ilovetonyromo wrote:H
Y
S
Irrelevant

Lol, no. Should be:
Y
H
S

User avatar
johansantana21
Posts: 855
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:11 pm

Re: Predicting 2013 Rankings

Postby johansantana21 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:25 am

koalatriste wrote:1. Yale
2. Harvard
2. Stanford
4. Columbia
4. Chicago
4. NYU
7. Penn
8. UVA
8. Michigan
8. Berkeley
11. Duke
12. Northwestern
13. Cornell
14. GULC
15. UT

i'm into threesomes FYI


Holy shit, bad NYU trolling.

User avatar
padawanphil
Posts: 351
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:42 pm

Re: Predicting 2013 Rankings

Postby padawanphil » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:39 am

1. UCI
2. Chicago
3. Yale
4. Harvard
5. Stanford/Columbia
7. Chicago
8. NYU
9. UVA
10. Michigan
11. Berkeley
12. Duke
13. Northwestern
14. Cornell

User avatar
crumpetsandtea
Posts: 7156
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: Predicting 2013 Rankings

Postby crumpetsandtea » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:52 am

Can't see UT holding on to their spot...I really want to see some drama happen with the rankings though, just for amusement's sake :mrgreen:

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Predicting 2013 Rankings

Postby JamMasterJ » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:05 am

padawanphil wrote:1. UCI
2. Chicago
3. Yale
4. Harvard
5. Stanford/Columbia
7. Chicago
8. NYU
9. UVA
10. Michigan
11. Berkeley
12. Duke
13. Northwestern
14. Cornell

Ignoring the obvious..

User avatar
padawanphil
Posts: 351
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:42 pm

Re: Predicting 2013 Rankings

Postby padawanphil » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:09 am

JamMasterJ wrote:
padawanphil wrote:1. UCI
2. Chicago
3. Yale
4. Harvard
5. Stanford/Columbia
7. Chicago
8. NYU
9. UVA
10. Michigan
11. Berkeley
12. Duke
13. Northwestern
14. Cornell

Ignoring the obvious..


It was a completely serious post meant to be proofread for accuracy

User avatar
koalatriste
Posts: 269
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:08 pm

Re: Predicting 2013 Rankings

Postby koalatriste » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:13 am

johansantana21 wrote:
koalatriste wrote:1. Yale
2. Harvard
2. Stanford
4. Columbia
4. Chicago
4. NYU
7. Penn
8. UVA
8. Michigan
8. Berkeley
11. Duke
12. Northwestern
13. Cornell
14. GULC
15. UT

i'm into threesomes FYI


Holy shit, bad NYU trolling.


1. NYU
2. NYU
3. NYU
4. NYU
5. NYU
6. NYU
7. NYU
8. NYU
9. NYU
10. NYU

here's some more.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSNbot Media and 2 guests