2013 Rankings

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Predicting 2013 Rankings

Postby JamMasterJ » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:13 am

pret wrote:http://www.usnews.com/education/best-graduate-schools/top-law-schools/articles/2012/03/12/2013-best-graduate-schools-preview-top-10-law-schools

Columbia University (NY)
Harvard University (MA)
New York University
Stanford University (CA)
University of California--Berkeley
University of Chicago
University of Michigan--Ann Arbor
University of Pennsylvania
University of Virginia
Yale University (CT)

Stanford #4?

US News wrote:in alphabetical order
Last edited by JamMasterJ on Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: Predicting 2013 Rankings

Postby Killingly » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:13 am

pret wrote:http://www.usnews.com/education/best-graduate-schools/top-law-schools/articles/2012/03/12/2013-best-graduate-schools-preview-top-10-law-schools

Columbia University (NY)
Harvard University (MA)
New York University
Stanford University (CA)
University of California--Berkeley
University of Chicago
University of Michigan--Ann Arbor
University of Pennsylvania
University of Virginia
Yale University (CT)

Stanford #4?


They're in alphabetical order.

Scooped. Damnit Jam.

pret
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:07 pm

Re: Predicting 2013 Rankings

Postby pret » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:16 am

Yeah, caught that too late, sorry.

So no surprises so far. Looking forward to the full list tomorrow!

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Predicting 2013 Rankings

Postby JamMasterJ » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:18 am

pret wrote:Yeah, caught that too late, sorry.

So no surprises so far. Looking forward to the full list tomorrow!

how did Stanford at #4 initially surprise you more than Yale at #10? :lol:

pret
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:07 pm

Re: Predicting 2013 Rankings

Postby pret » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:24 am

JamMasterJ wrote:
pret wrote:Yeah, caught that too late, sorry.

So no surprises so far. Looking forward to the full list tomorrow!

how did Stanford at #4 initially surprise you more than Yale at #10? :lol:

Lolz. I honestly didn't even review the full list, frankly, and the only thing that caught my eye from my half-assed review was #4. I blame my iPad...in whatever way I can.

Did USNWR change its methodology like they were teasing? I'm assuming they didn't since they've been fairly mum on the matter.

User avatar
beachbum
Posts: 2766
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: Predicting 2013 Rankings

Postby beachbum » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:40 am

Looks like I'm still not attending a T10. FML.

User avatar
fingerscrossedxx
Posts: 733
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:56 am

Re: Predicting 2013 Rankings

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:50 am

Tag for tommorrow!

005618502
Posts: 2577
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 10:56 pm

Re: Predicting 2013 Rankings

Postby 005618502 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:50 am

pret wrote:http://www.usnews.com/education/best-graduate-schools/top-law-schools/articles/2012/03/12/2013-best-graduate-schools-preview-top-10-law-schools

1. Columbia University (NY)
2. Harvard University (MA)
3. New York University
4. Stanford University (CA)
5. University of California--Berkeley
6. University of Chicago
7. University of Michigan--Ann Arbor
8. University of Pennsylvania
9. University of Virginia
10. Yale University (CT)

ABC order of the top 10!


FFFFF was hoping for a little bit of an upset (berkeley falling again). Now I just dont care. lol

User avatar
Bronck
Posts: 2025
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: Predicting 2013 Rankings

Postby Bronck » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:46 am

Countdown says 12 hours now.

005618502
Posts: 2577
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 10:56 pm

Re: Predicting 2013 Rankings

Postby 005618502 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:52 am

nvm, updated.

ahnhub
Posts: 578
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:14 pm

Re: Predicting 2013 Rankings

Postby ahnhub » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:54 am

I want to bet on this. With all the hours I've spent on TLS I feel like I have a better chance making $$ on predicting law school rankings than March Madness.

murray18
Posts: 183
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:15 pm

Re: Predicting 2013 Rankings

Postby murray18 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:53 pm

ahnhub wrote:I want to bet on this. With all the hours I've spent on TLS I feel like I have a better chance making $$ on predicting law school rankings than March Madness.


+1

If you give me good odds that is....

005618502
Posts: 2577
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 10:56 pm

Re: Predicting 2013 Rankings

Postby 005618502 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:09 pm

murray18 wrote:
ahnhub wrote:I want to bet on this. With all the hours I've spent on TLS I feel like I have a better chance making $$ on predicting law school rankings than March Madness.


+1

If you give me good odds that is....


I bet I could nail down who will be number 1! :wink:

murray18
Posts: 183
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:15 pm

Re: Predicting 2013 Rankings

Postby murray18 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:30 pm

AssumptionRequired wrote:
murray18 wrote:
ahnhub wrote:I want to bet on this. With all the hours I've spent on TLS I feel like I have a better chance making $$ on predicting law school rankings than March Madness.


+1

If you give me good odds that is....


I bet I could nail down who will be number 1! :wink:


Betting on 50-100 would be money. Now THATS a game of chance.

ahnhub
Posts: 578
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:14 pm

Re: Predicting 2013 Rankings

Postby ahnhub » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:01 pm

Someone needs to invent an app where you can bet on stupid shit with random people on internet message boards. Like, if both parties are willing to have credit cards on file they can just ante up $10, and it goes live the moment both parties go in.

Anywhoo this is my guess:
1) Yale
2) Harvard
3) Stanford
4) Columbia
5) Chicago
6) NYU
7) Penn -takes spot all by itself
8 ) Berkeley
9) tie- Michigan
9) tie- Virginia
11) Northwestern
12) tie- Duke
12) tie- Cornell
14) Georgetown

User avatar
flyingduck
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:23 pm

Re: Predicting 2013 Rankings

Postby flyingduck » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:06 pm

ahnhub wrote:Someone needs to invent an app where you can bet on stupid shit with random people on internet message boards. Like, if both parties are willing to have credit cards on file they can just ante up $10, and it goes live the moment both parties go in.

Anywhoo this is my guess:
1) Yale
2) Harvard
3) Stanford
4) Columbia
5) Chicago
6) NYU
7) Penn -takes spot all by itself
8 ) Berkeley
9) tie- Michigan
9) tie- Virginia
11) Northwestern
12) tie- Duke
12) tie- Cornell
14) Georgetown


I could finish that in a month but I doubt it would pass Apple's policies. :D

And I guess the countdown was updated. 9 hours and 53 minutes to go. :)

notstevedoocy
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:29 pm

Re: Predicting 2013 Rankings

Postby notstevedoocy » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:07 pm

ahnhub wrote:Someone needs to invent an app where you can bet on stupid shit with random people on internet message boards. Like, if both parties are willing to have credit cards on file they can just ante up $10, and it goes live the moment both parties go in.

Anywhoo this is my guess:
1) Yale
2) Harvard
3) Stanford
4) Columbia
5) Chicago
6) NYU
7) Penn -takes spot all by itself
8 ) Berkeley
9) tie- Michigan
9) tie- Virginia
11) Northwestern
12) tie- Duke
12) tie- Cornell
14) Georgetown


I think what you are describing is a March Madness Pool.

DBishops
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:17 am

Re: Predicting 2013 Rankings

Postby DBishops » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:13 pm

Has Berkeley ever been in the top 6?

User avatar
No13baby
Posts: 440
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:42 am

Re: Predicting 2013 Rankings

Postby No13baby » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:17 pm

DBishops wrote:Has Berkeley ever been in the top 6?

Wikipedia (I know, I know) says it has.

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: Predicting 2013 Rankings

Postby romothesavior » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:20 pm

When are they out?

bdole2
Posts: 271
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:58 pm

Re: Predicting 2013 Rankings

Postby bdole2 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:23 pm

romothesavior wrote:When are they out?


Sometime within the next 24 hours

CanadianWolf
Posts: 10439
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: Predicting 2013 Rankings

Postby CanadianWolf » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:24 pm

By or before midnight.

poe
Posts: 301
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:23 am

Re: Predicting 2013 Rankings

Postby poe » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:58 pm

DBishops wrote:Has Berkeley ever been in the top 6?


I remember them being in T6 in 2010.

005618502
Posts: 2577
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 10:56 pm

Re: Predicting 2013 Rankings

Postby 005618502 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:02 pm

poe wrote:
DBishops wrote:Has Berkeley ever been in the top 6?


I remember them being in T6 in 2010.


Yes, in 2010 they were tied at number 6:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=69263

User avatar
thexfactor
Posts: 1277
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:40 am

Re: Predicting 2013 Rankings

Postby thexfactor » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:38 pm

exciting day tomorrow! NCAA tournament and law school rankings!

Does anyone know if they will be out at midnight or if they will release it whenever they feel like it.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ponderingmeerkat and 8 guests