MODERATORS: Could we start an LLM forum?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
3|ink

Re: MODERATORS: Could we start an LLM forum?

Postby 3|ink » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:42 am

Kabuo wrote:
Antilles Haven wrote:The forum would need a total of one post:

This seems like a gross oversimplification for foreign students.

Agreed. The missing step is coming to the states.

Regionality

Postby Regionality » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:23 pm

SBL wrote:
Regionality wrote:
SBL wrote:
Regionality wrote:What's a guy gotta do to get an answer from a moderator?

Ok, fine. I'm a 0L planning on going to Thomas Jefferson on a 5k/yr scholly contingent on top 25%. Planning to transfer to Stanford because I am going to study a lot.

Thoughts, people?

If you want an answer from a mod, generally PMing is better than starting a random thread and then demanding to know why we haven't answered you yet. I'm not opposed to the idea of an LLM forum, but you seem like a pushy jackass.

Jeeze, harsh. I assure you I am not. I don't know who moderators are or who runs this thing, so I wasn't sure how to PM the person in charge...and as it turns out the moderators DID find my thread after just a few days...but thanks for the kind words.

Would you call me on the phone and talk to me that way? PM me for my phone number and I'd love to hear you talk to me like that in person. Certainly as a moderator on this website (I guess you're paid?) you stand by your word and are willing to defend the way you treat people on here. I wouldn't request this with any random person posting on this thread, but it looks like you make this your passion in life-- I would hope you're proud of how you do it. I think you overreacted harshly.

I actually think we're going to go ahead and implement your suggestion (the one about making an LLM subforum, not the one where I call you and make fun of you over the phone... that one I'm passing on.)

Hooray that my suggestion is being implemented, boo that you don't have the guts to speak to me like that in person. It's not making fun of someone to call them a pushy jackass, it's insulting them. I guess I don't spend enough time on internet forums to find that acceptable, especially in the legal community.

Antilles Haven

Postby Antilles Haven » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:03 pm

Nightrunner wrote:
Regionality wrote:Hooray that my suggestion is being implemented, boo that you don't have the guts to speak to me like that in person. It's not making fun of someone to call them a pushy jackass, it's insulting them. I guess I don't spend enough time on internet forums to find that acceptable, especially in the legal community.

Dude...I don't even...wut.

He finds SBL's attitude unbecoming of a future officer of the court of the United States.

Postby 062914123 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:04 pm

Last edited by 062914123 on Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mal Reynolds

Postby Mal Reynolds » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:23 pm

Regionality wrote:Hooray that my suggestion is being implemented, boo that you don't have the guts to speak to me like that in person. It's not making fun of someone to call them a pushy jackass, it's insulting them. I guess I don't spend enough time on internet forums to find that acceptable, especially in the legal community.

If the offer is still on the table, I would be happy to call you a pushy jackass on the phone.

Postby 20160810 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:28 pm

Regionality wrote:
Hooray that my suggestion is being implemented, boo that you don't have the guts to speak to me like that in person. It's not making fun of someone to call them a pushy jackass, it's insulting them. I guess I don't spend enough time on internet forums to find that acceptable, especially in the legal community.

I'm sure if you want to post your number in this thread someone will be happy to give you a ring.

Bear in mind, however, that doing so is probably a terrible idea.

Postby 20121109 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:29 pm

SBL wrote:
Regionality wrote:

I'm sure if you want to post your number in this thread someone will be happy to give you a ring.

Bear in mind, however, that doing so is probably a terrible idea.

Don't discourage him.

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:35 pm

I think we should get every region of the US to call this guy up and tell him he's a jackass.

Postby 20160810 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:44 pm

beachbum wrote:I think we should get every region of the US to call this guy up and tell him he's a jackass.

https://www.sprintip.com/index.jsp :?:

Return to “Choosing a Law School”