Good questions to ask a law prof via call?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Cartman

Good questions to ask a law prof via call?

Postby Cartman » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:10 am

Hey folks,

Just wanted a few suggestions. I'm going to make my own list, but what do others think are some good questions to ask a law professor via phone call? One of my admitted schools is going to have one call me tomorrow, and some ideas would be great! Thanks

kalvano

Re: Good questions to ask a law prof via call?

Postby kalvano » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:26 am

I wouldn't ask too much, a few good questions and let her / him off the phone. Maybe ask something like "what do you consistently see in the best students in the class" or something vague like that. It will let them talk for a bit, which they love to do.
Last edited by kalvano on Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

AP-375

Re: Good questions to ask a law prof via call?

Postby AP-375 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:30 am

kalvano wrote:I wouldn't ask too much, a few good questions and let her / him off the phone. Maybe ask something like "what do you consistently see in the best students in the class" or something vague like that. It will them talk for a bit, which they love to do.

I second this. Don't waste your time trying to find out anything substantive about the school. In my opinion, professors are so disconnected with the experience of law school that it won't be useful. Instead ask, "what is the best approach to understanding your material for an exam."

Return to “Choosing a Law School”