which T14's undergrad population has the best "talent"?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
doomed123
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:05 am

Re: which T14's undergrad population has the best "talent"?

Postby doomed123 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:12 pm

Stanford4Me wrote:NOT-NYU.


Really? No cute hipsters?

User avatar
bernaldiaz
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re: which T14's undergrad population has the best "talent"?

Postby bernaldiaz » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:20 pm

Fucking USNWR I bet they did that tie at 14 just to be annoying.

User avatar
jerichosm
Posts: 160
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:46 pm

Re: which T14's undergrad population has the best "talent"?

Postby jerichosm » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:30 pm

bernaldiaz wrote:Fucking USNWR I bet they did that tie at 14 just to be annoying.

zanzbar
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:14 pm

Re: which T14's undergrad population has the best "talent"?

Postby zanzbar » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:32 pm

Wouldn't it be Duke since UNC is so close? 2 Universities to foliage through for the price of one.

User avatar
NYC Law
Posts: 1569
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 3:33 pm

Re: which T14's undergrad population has the best "talent"?

Postby NYC Law » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:34 pm

What a novel topic.

User avatar
jerichosm
Posts: 160
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:46 pm

Re: which T14's undergrad population has the best "talent"?

Postby jerichosm » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:36 pm

I'm a free-spending socialist liberal and care more about the governments outside the US than, as politely stated, the talent in the US derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr


jk...this is clearly a novel topic. Just watched "Life" today and it was all about mating. (Anecdotal evidence = king when it comes to issues of "talent")

User avatar
Chucky21
Posts: 294
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:36 pm

Re: which T14's undergrad population has the best "talent"?

Postby Chucky21 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:42 pm

What about talent amongst fellow law students, or is it basically a given that we have to venture out into the undergrad population?

User avatar
tooswolle
Posts: 491
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:48 am

Re: which T14's undergrad population has the best "talent"?

Postby tooswolle » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:46 pm

Chucky21 wrote:What about talent amongst fellow law students, or is it basically a given that we have to venture out into the undergrad population?


Not in at any t-14 but I felt compelled to post. Bravo good sir, bravo!

User avatar
Chucky21
Posts: 294
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:36 pm

Re: which T14's undergrad population has the best "talent"?

Postby Chucky21 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:49 pm

tooswolle wrote:
Chucky21 wrote:What about talent amongst fellow law students, or is it basically a given that we have to venture out into the undergrad population?


Not in at any t-14 but I felt compelled to post. Bravo good sir, bravo!


I think this thread has potential to become quite popular, precisely because it is so compelling!

User avatar
tooswolle
Posts: 491
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:48 am

Re: which T14's undergrad population has the best "talent"?

Postby tooswolle » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:01 am

Chucky21 wrote:
tooswolle wrote:
Chucky21 wrote:What about talent amongst fellow law students, or is it basically a given that we have to venture out into the undergrad population?


Not in at any t-14 but I felt compelled to post. Bravo good sir, bravo!


I think this thread has potential to become quite popular, precisely because it is so compelling!



Agreed if anything this thread should be expanded to cover most ls talent and top schools. Perhaps stories of success? Haha


ucbkenn
Posts: 150
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:50 pm

Re: which T14's undergrad population has the best "talent"?

Postby ucbkenn » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:18 am

doomed123 wrote:best and most readily available... if ya know what I'm sayin'.


Let me know where you plan on going to law school so I don't end up there.

User avatar
smokeylarue
Posts: 408
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:55 pm

Re: which T14's undergrad population has the best "talent"?

Postby smokeylarue » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:39 am

I love topics like this, some fun non serious threads are refreshing. That said, let's do some quick analysis. This will be primarily on looks, I have no basis to determine "ease." I think we can assume for argument's sake, the dumber the undergrad population, the greater the "talent". That said, we can immediately rule out Yale, Harvard, Stanford, Columbia, Chicago, UPenn, Duke, Cornell, and Northwestern. I believe these schools all are in or close to the Top 10 Undergrad schools in the nation academically (US News rankings). This means the student body is just not as attractive as most schools out there (because they are the cream of the crop brain-wise).

This leaves us Michigan, NYU, Berkeley, UVA, and Georgetown. The lack of NYU campus and people living in all different parts of the city makes it hard to meet people since everyone is so decentralized location-wise. Let's rule them out, though there are surely a ton of good lookers that go there since the student body is huge and its NYC. If you like Asians and/or are Asian, then Berkeley. Seriously Berkeley its a no-brainer. Between UVA and Georgetown, I imagine a plethora of southern belles and charmers. Slight edge at Georgetown since its DC. Michigan, I really have no clue. Huge state school, probably ton of good lookers and lots of school spirit in all ways I imagine.

Final Rankings
1. Michigan
2. Georgetown.
3. UVA
4..Berkeley (#1 if into Asians)
5. NYU

Evidence: none

edit- forgot Michigan!
Last edited by smokeylarue on Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
DaftAndDirect
Posts: 381
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:28 pm

Re: which T14's undergrad population has the best "talent"?

Postby DaftAndDirect » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:52 am

smokeylarue wrote:I love topics like this, some fun non serious threads are refreshing. That said, let's do some quick analysis. This will be primarily on looks, I have no basis to determine "ease." I think we can assume for argument's sake, the dumber the undergrad population, the greater the "talent". That said, we can immediately rule out Yale, Harvard, Stanford, Columbia, Chicago, UPenn, Duke, Cornell, and Northwestern. I believe these schools all are in or close to the Top 10 Undergrad schools in the nation academically (US News rankings). This means the student body is just not as attractive as most schools out there (because they are the cream of the crop brain-wise).

This leaves us Michigan, NYU, Berkeley, UVA, and Georgetown. The lack of NYU campus and people living in all different parts of the city makes it hard to meet people since everyone is so decentralized location-wise. Let's rule them out, though there are surely a ton of good lookers that go there since the student body is huge and its NYC. If you like Asians and/or are Asian, then Berkeley. Seriously Berkeley its a no-brainer. Between UVA and Georgetown, I imagine a plethora of southern belles and charmers. Slight edge at Georgetown since its DC. Michigan, I really have no clue. Huge state school, probably ton of good lookers and lots of school spirit in all ways I imagine.

Final Rankings
1. Michigan
2. Georgetown.
3. UVA
4..Berkeley (#1 if into Asians)
5. NYU

Evidence: none

edit- forgot Michigan!


Ninja-like edit skills. I was just about to brand you an anti-mich troll.

User avatar
Perdevise
Posts: 367
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:45 pm

Re: which T14's undergrad population has the best "talent"?

Postby Perdevise » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:35 am

Research shows that, contrary to popular belief, smarter people tend to be more attractive:

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_an ... year_.html

I've never been to a T-14 campus (except for like a 30 minute walk through Harvard's law school, didn't really see anyone), so I am not speaking authoritatively.

Nobody
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:17 pm

Re: which T14's undergrad population has the best "talent"?

Postby Nobody » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:51 am

TemporarySaint wrote:Since you're a TLSer you're probably too lawtistic to pull either way.



This is beautiful.

User avatar
skers
Posts: 4950
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:33 am

Re: which T14's undergrad population has the best "talent"?

Postby skers » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:03 pm

Nightrunner wrote:No, really - Michigan undergrad girls are the shit.


+1. Of all the t13 schools I visited, Michigan's were the most attractive. Completely unexpected. Michigan UG females are the Boise St. of the t13.

User avatar
20130312
Posts: 3842
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Re: which T14's undergrad population has the best "talent"?

Postby 20130312 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:04 pm

Nobody wrote:
TemporarySaint wrote:Since you're a TLSer you're probably too lawtistic to pull either way.



This is beautiful.


lol'd hard at lawtistic




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dannyswo, Dcc617 and 1 guest