U of Arizona???

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
vkgarrett

U of Arizona???

Postby vkgarrett » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:59 pm

Hey everyone, hoping for some advice. I am from southern california, and wasn't really considering U of A until they offered me a scholarship (with basically no stipulation, which is really nice!) I am now planning on going out to visit, obviously, but know pretty much nothing about the area/school/etc. I've read a bit on here but wanted to get a feel for other class of 2015-ers who are considering U of A...

Thoughts?

desertlaw

Re: U of Arizona???

Postby desertlaw » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:56 pm

vkgarrett wrote:Hey everyone, hoping for some advice. I am from southern california, and wasn't really considering U of A until they offered me a scholarship (with basically no stipulation, which is really nice!) I am now planning on going out to visit, obviously, but know pretty much nothing about the area/school/etc. I've read a bit on here but wanted to get a feel for other class of 2015-ers who are considering U of A...

Thoughts?

Use the search function because there's plenty of info out there discussing U of A vs. ASU. I personally think Tucson is a terrible place.

vkgarrett

Postby vkgarrett » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:47 pm

desertlaw wrote:
vkgarrett wrote:Hey everyone, hoping for some advice. I am from southern california, and wasn't really considering U of A until they offered me a scholarship (with basically no stipulation, which is really nice!) I am now planning on going out to visit, obviously, but know pretty much nothing about the area/school/etc. I've read a bit on here but wanted to get a feel for other class of 2015-ers who are considering U of A...

Thoughts?

Use the search function because there's plenty of info out there discussing U of A vs. ASU. I personally think Tucson is a terrible place.

I have, I was trying to get a feel more for the students and the people who are considering going for 2015

AZWhitebread

Postby AZWhitebread » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:00 am

I'm a current undergrad at U of A, and also waiting a response from them on my law school app. You'll see a lot of talk about Tucson being a college town, but I don't see that. The greater tucson area has around a million people, it's just very spread out. If you're the outdoorsy type, plenty to do and see here. If you're looking for a big city feel, probably not the place for you. Lots of shit to do on the weekends if your the party or bar type, but I got bored of that scene real quick. As for the school, it's a nice campus with a lot of decent places to live, so long as you stay north of the campus. Cost of living is dirt cheap, if that's a concern to you.

I personally like living here, but if you like SoCal, the city might not be for you. The weather here is miserable in the summer. While U of A has decent looking women, I can't say the same for the rest of the town. Aside from hiking, rock climbing, cycling, etc..., not really too much to do besides drink beer and watch sports.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”