ND ($$)? Help!

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
grtbooks91

ND ($$)? Help!

Postby grtbooks91 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:23 pm

My cycle has essentially concluded (still waiting for my WL from Michigan), and the only offer I'm very seriously considering is a total of $60,000 at Notre Dame.

I'm finishing UG this spring, and though I don't have any solid job prospects from
my major, there's a good chance I can swing a full time position next year (~40k a year) through connections. I could conceivably then use a year or two off to study and retake. I don't have any solid evidence for thinking I can improve on my 167, other than the hope that real, extended studying will provide results.

I'm pretty debt adverse, and I wonder how far up I would have to bump my score to get some serious T10 money, and whether HYS would ever be an option with my 3.77.

Alternatively, given that I have strong ties to Detroit and that I'm fine ending up back there, should I take the money and go to ND?

Nelson

Re: ND ($$)? Help!

Postby Nelson » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:42 pm

grtbooks91 wrote:My cycle has essentially concluded (still waiting for my WL from Michigan), and the only offer I'm very seriously considering is a total of $60,000 at Notre Dame.

I'm finishing UG this spring, and though I don't have any solid job prospects from
my major, there's a good chance I can swing a full time position next year (~40k a year) through connections. I could conceivably then use a year or two off to study and retake. I don't have any solid evidence for thinking I can improve on my 167, other than the hope that real, extended studying will provide results.

I'm pretty debt adverse, and I wonder how far up I would have to bump my score to get some serious T10 money, and whether HYS would ever be an option with my 3.77.

Alternatively, given that I have strong ties to Detroit and that I'm fine ending up back there, should I take the money and go to ND?

Go get a job and then retake, law school isn't going anywhere. If you're debt averse and want the Midwest, you should go get 1-2 years of WE, retake to 172+, ED Northwestern, and profit.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”