Wash U Law in St Louis with full ride or Michigan with no $?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Michigan or Full ride Wash U Law?

Michigan
46%
Full Ride Wash U
34%
Duke
15%
UCLA with $20,000 per year
5%

Total votes: 115

rad lulz

Re: Wash U Law in St Louis with full ride or Michigan with no $?

Postby rad lulz » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:50 pm

romothesavior wrote:
rad lulz wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
LetusgothenyouandI wrote:I visited Wash U last week, and loved the campus, St. Louis felt like Chicago (a city I adore!) and the people seemed really nice and encouraging. That said... the students didn't seem like the sharpest knives in the drawer. Smart, yes. Ambitious, witty and full of initiative... no. Maybe that's rude of me, but that's the impression I got.

lol

Sounds like OP wants to chill with insufferable striver douches.

He needs MOAR RIGOR

Agreed. Retake and get into Chi or don't go.

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:45 pm

Is Columbia still a possibility ? NYU ?

LetusgothenyouandI

Postby LetusgothenyouandI » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:36 pm

I'm not truly considering Gtown because I live in DC now. Thus, the networking factor of GTown, and the ability to work on Capitol Hill has less of an appeal because I have already done some of those types of jobs in DC. That said, my folks are around here, and I could see myself here in the future.

I am waiting to hear back from Columbia and NYU and Berkeley.

As for my impression of Wash U students... I like being challenged by my classmates. Do I want to rub shoulders arrogant assholes who crush others if it benefits themselves? No. That is one reason that I am little shivy about Columbia (despite it having one of the best international law programs!), because they have that rep. But I do like being with people who don't take themselves too seriously and can laugh at themselves, while also being serious about their chosen field of study and clever with their social interactions. And though, admittedly, I was in St. Louis for a grand total of 2 days, I didn't get that impression of their student body. I freely admit I might be wrong, and with further interaction might change my mind.

It also bothered me a little that the three students I talked to in depth all bitched about how they didn't get into top 14 and that's why they were there. THAT was endearing.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:29 pm

LetusgothenyouandI wrote:As for my impression of Wash U students... I like being challenged by my classmates. Do I want to rub shoulders arrogant assholes who crush others if it benefits themselves? No. That is one reason that I am little shivy about Columbia (despite it having one of the best international law programs!), because they have that rep. But I do like being with people who don't take themselves too seriously and can laugh at themselves, while also being serious about their chosen field of study and clever with their social interactions. And though, admittedly, I was in St. Louis for a grand total of 2 days, I didn't get that impression of their student body. I freely admit I might be wrong, and with further interaction might change my mind.

lol

Return to “Choosing a Law School”