bad decisions, worse decisions

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
bartleby

bad decisions, worse decisions

Postby bartleby » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:13 pm

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas ... 128943.php

"Holley noted that final grades are determined by a complex formula in which instructors award points by ranking students according to class performance. That counts for 50 percent of the final grade, with a uniform, multiple-choice exam counting for the other half. The exams are evaluated by an outside contractor, who also calculates the final grade."

bad decision 1: going to tsu law school
bad decision 2: somehow averaging below a D, although 50% multiple choice + 50% class participation sounds awful
bad decision 3: suing the school
bad decision 4: getting your face in the newspaper for all of the above

furcifer

Re: bad decisions, worse decisions

Postby furcifer » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:43 am

"Under law school policy, first-year students must maintain a 2.0 GPA, or C average, to stay in the program. Ford's and Chan's averages fell below that minimum after receiving the D in the contract law course taught by Smith, at the time a visiting professor."

So, it wasn't just this one class. If Contracts2 then they were in their second term, meaning one 3 credit D out of 30 credits total.......That would mean that they had EXACTLY a 2.0 other than this one class. CLEARLY there is more of an issue than just this.

HBK

Postby HBK » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:14 am

"final grades are determined by a complex formula in which instructors award points by ranking students according to class performance. That counts for 50 percent of the final grade, with a uniform, multiple-choice exam counting for the other half."

50 class participation /50 multiple choice exam? That's certainly a very complex formula. That's like a masters course in calculus for TSU students/administration.

It's one of the worst law schools in the country. A graduate I know said that cheating on exams and papers was rampant.

If you fail out of TSU, just give up. People like this shouldn't be allowed to have forks because they'll probably put their eye out.

furcifer

Postby furcifer » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:17 am

I always enjoy it when people too dumb to pass lawschool try to sue said lawschool and expect to win. Look at the look on their faces, "I am important and deserve this, so I will win"........ :roll: :lol: Winners don't fall below a 2.0 in their second term due to a single D. :idea:

I suspect the overweight one napped during class (no participation)

As for the other one........like he said "dishonorable". Seppuku!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :x

Return to “Choosing a Law School”