Choosing Law School - Bar Pass Rate? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
thelogicalconstruct

New

Choosing Law School - Bar Pass Rate?

Post by thelogicalconstruct » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:31 pm

With the reality that nothing is guaranteed, it is very important to me to find a school that will prepare me well for the bar exam. After reviewing 09 Raw Data I notice that there are two schools listed with 100% Pass Bar (U of Wisconsin and Marquette). Is this information correct? How accurate overall is the Raw Data? What are your considerations?

flem

Diamond

Re: Choosing Law School - Bar Pass Rate?

Post by flem » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:54 pm

thelogicalconstruct wrote:With the reality that nothing is guaranteed, it is very important to me to find a school that will prepare me well for the bar exam. After reviewing 09 Raw Data I notice that there are two schools listed with 100% Pass Bar (U of Wisconsin and Marquette). Is this information correct? How accurate overall is the Raw Data? What are your considerations?
Graduates of those two schools in good standing do not have to sit for the bar, if I rememeber right.

MrAnon

Gold

Post by MrAnon » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:56 pm

Yes, grads from wisconsin law school don't have to sit for the bar in that state.

thelogicalconstruct

New

Post by thelogicalconstruct » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:43 pm

How many other schools have this loop hole?

BeautifulSW

Silver

Post by BeautifulSW » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:56 pm

I think the only remaining diploma privilege state is Wisconsin.

Law school doesn't really prepare you to take the bar exam, I'm afraid. All these kids you seeing spending thousands on BarBri aren't stupid; passing without a bar prep course is much less likely than with one.

Sooo...if law school doesn't prepare you for the bar exam and it doesn't prepare you for practice, what exactly do you get for your $120,000? Buen pregunta.

Simple. You get a ticket to get in. And, if it's a well-regarded enough school, you MIGHT get an interview that MIGHT lead to a job that pays well enough to pay back all that money.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”