UVA(105K) vs NYU/Chi

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Dani.B

UVA(105K) vs NYU/Chi

Postby Dani.B » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:47 pm

Someone help me please.

Added note: Im also held at harvard and waiting to hear back from Columbia

Would like BigLaw

Bildungsroman

Re: UVA(105K) vs NYU/Chi

Postby Bildungsroman » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:53 pm

Has UChi even done finaid yet? Wait until you hear back from them on $$. If they don't give you any then take the money at UVA.

Dani.B

Postby Dani.B » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:58 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:Has UChi even done finaid yet? Wait until you hear back from them on $$. If they don't give you any then take the money at UVA.

I was under the impression that they do not really give need aid and so far no news of a merit award from either. I did apply for anbryce(NYU) and filled out both my fafsa and needaccess forms. I'm pretty needy, so hopefully i can get a small reward, but Im not betting on it.

skers

Postby skers » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:01 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:Has UChi even done finaid yet? Wait until you hear back from them on $$. If they don't give you any then take the money at UVA.

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:05 pm

Dani.B wrote:

I was under the impression that they do not really give need aid and so far no news of a merit award from either. I did apply for anbryce(NYU) and filled out both my fafsa and needaccess forms. I'm pretty needy, so hopefully i can get a small reward, but Im not betting on it.

Chicago doesn't do merit aid notifications as acceptances roll out like some other schools do. I think they tell everyone in one big batch. So, wait for them.

Dani.B

Postby Dani.B » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:07 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:
Dani.B wrote:

Chicago doesn't do merit aid notifications as acceptances roll out like some other schools do. I think they tell everyone in one big batch. So, wait for them.

Wonderful! thanks!

Bronck

Postby Bronck » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:07 pm

Chi gives aid end of Feb and nyu beginning of March. This is way too premature. Wait another month, do scholarship negotiations and then decide.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”