Lewis and Clark/ UI student/faculty/curriculum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
poiuyt

Lewis and Clark/ UI student/faculty/curriculum

Postby poiuyt » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:47 pm

Hi, I am deciding between Lewis and Clark and University of Illinois.

Lewis and Clark offers a high quality of life, which is very important to me. I am the organic, active type. However, I am also a capitalist. When I sat in a law class at L&C, the professor took a couple of cheap shots at capitalism. I am afraid the majority of the professors and the students would be so liberal to the point that I would feel isolated.

Additionally, I am very interested in economics and law. This is obviously UI's department. L&C does not offer a curriculum that really appeals to me. I know first year is pretty standard, but should I be concerned about the curriculum in considering the following 2 years?

I can't see myself living in Illinois after I graduate, but I could see myself living in Oregon.

Also, is there a large discrepancy in private vs. public law schools?

Please leave some advice.

bk1

Re: Lewis and Clark/ UI student/faculty/curriculum

Postby bk1 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:50 pm

Well if you don't want to work in IL and don't seem to really want to work in OR, where do you want to work and why aren't you applying to schools in that place?

poiuyt wrote:However, I am also a capitalist.

Who the fuck says this sort of thing?

charliep

Postby charliep » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:54 pm

bk1 wrote:Well if you don't want to work in IL and don't seem to really want to work in OR, where do you want to work and why aren't you applying to schools in that place?

poiuyt wrote:However, I am also a capitalist.

Who the fuck says this sort of thing?

haha. liberals are capitalists too, silly.

YourCaptain

Postby YourCaptain » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:12 am

poiuyt wrote:Hi, I am deciding between Lewis and Clark and University of Illinois.

Lewis and Clark offers a high quality of life, which is very important to me. I am the organic, active type. However, I am also a capitalist. When I sat in a law class at L&C, the professor took a couple of cheap shots at capitalism. I am afraid the majority of the professors and the students would be so liberal to the point that I would feel isolated.

Additionally, I am very interested in economics and law. This is obviously UI's department. L&C does not offer a curriculum that really appeals to me. I know first year is pretty standard, but should I be concerned about the curriculum in considering the following 2 years?

I can't see myself living in Illinois after I graduate, but I could see myself living in Oregon.

Also, is there a large discrepancy in private vs. public law schools?

Please leave some advice.

do you have ties to either region, or scholarship? if not, you should not attend either school.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”