Arizona State vs. University of Arizona?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
knznick

Arizona State vs. University of Arizona?

Postby knznick » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:18 pm

Hello,

I was wondering which school would be better in regards to job prospects in Phoenix? What are the strengths and weaknesses of each? Are there any current students would would like to share their experience?

Also, I was wondering what my chances of admission would be with a 3.65 GPA and a 164 LSAT (164 in practice tests, will take LSAT in June)? From Texas, Student Body Vice-President, Deans List, Presidents list, ect..

What are the political leanings in each school?

I'm sorry for a repeat question if this has been asked before. Thanks in advance,

Nick

desertlaw

Re: Arizona State vs. University of Arizona?

Postby desertlaw » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:31 pm

Go to lawschoolnumbers.com to type in your numbers and see what your chances are. It's really that simple. Look at the past few admission cycles at those 2 schools and see if you're competitive.

For either, to get Phoenix BigLaw, the consensus seems to be that you need to be in the top 5-15 people in your class. I'm guessing that ASU has a little bit better connections to the Phoenix market because it's in town, but not sure how much.

Veyron

Postby Veyron » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:34 pm

You should get into both IF you get a 164 (your extracurriculars are meaningless from an admissions perspective). Job prospects are virtually identical. ASU leans conservative (for a law school), U of A is somewhat further to the left.

For either, to get Phoenix BigLaw, the consensus seems to be that you need to be in the top 5-15 people in your class.

This is not true. Its more like top 10%-15% to have a respectable shot.

knznick

Postby knznick » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:13 pm

Thanks guys I appreciate it!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”