UNH Franklin and Pierce

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
joeyc328

UNH Franklin and Pierce

Postby joeyc328 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:04 pm

Frankly, my LSAT scores weren't great and my 3.0 GPA is not stellar but I am a physics major who wants to do IP. Franklin and Pierce is in my range and is it worth going to even out of state? IP seams to the one area not hit to hard by this recession and law market. Also willing to take any opinions or personal experiences from this school.

mrtoren

Re: UNH Franklin and Pierce

Postby mrtoren » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:14 pm

You probably won't end up in IP law after attending UNH Law. In fact, you probably won't end up in any job.

You need to retake the LSAT to get into, at the very least, some solid TT schools. Otherwise, look into some TTT state schools that dominate their market. UNH isn't viable. Think bigger. Think Mississippi, Missouri, South Carolina, and so on.

pdeturk

Postby pdeturk » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:18 am

UNH Law is 4th in IP law... you might get a job.

Secondly, the name was Franklin Pierce, one man. As in President Pierce.

mrtoren

Postby mrtoren » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:27 pm

pdeturk wrote:UNH Law is 4th in IP law... you might get a job.

I hope this was a joke.

2LT_CPG

Postby 2LT_CPG » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:43 pm

I feel like this is possibly a joke...

But first, it's not called Franklin Pierce Law Center anymore; it's been simply the University of New Hampsire School of Law for almost two years now. They retained the Franklin Pierce name for only their IP law program. Second, even when it was called that, it was not Franklin and Pierce - I think you're confusing it with Franklin and Marshall.

Depends on what your LSAT is, but your GPA is low for UNH. If you have one low number, you typically want the other to be at the very least higher than the other number's median for the school, and preferably closer to the 75th percentile. So if you're out of undergrad already I'd say take another cycle and kill the LSAT so you can have a shot.

androstan

Postby androstan » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:01 pm

Joey, you sound like you haven't done enough research.

You would be interested to read this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=126084&hilit=unh+university+of+new+hampshire+franklin+pierce&start=75

In particular, my post on 3/25/2011 depicting updated, detailed employment statistics, including exactly where students actually ended up (names of law firms and agencies etc.).

HTH

pdeturk

Postby pdeturk » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:25 pm

mrtoren wrote:
pdeturk wrote:UNH Law is 4th in IP law... you might get a job.

I hope this was a joke.

According to US News & World Report this is the case..... However, I also think this is a joke

sky7

Postby sky7 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:31 pm

For IP, I think UNH is not a bad call. There are patent boutiques in DC that take tons of UNH grads.

For those of you telling him that specialty ranking don't mean anything, you're just wrong.

MOST specialty rankings don't mean anything. IP ones, most notably the top 4, actually do. After UNH though, I wouldn't put much stalk in it.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:49 pm

sky7 wrote:MOST specialty rankings don't mean anything. IP ones, most notably the top 4, actually do. After UNH though, I wouldn't put much stalk in it.

I don't put much stalk in it either.

OP, don't go to this school.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”