future transfer chances between Rutgers, Temple, Case

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
drpeppanrice

future transfer chances between Rutgers, Temple, Case

Postby drpeppanrice » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:10 pm

I would be very happy attending any of these schools all three years, but what is the difference in transferability between a ranked 80's school such as Rutgers-Newark and a Rank 60's School like Temple,brooklyn, and Case. What about a rank 50's school like Dozo, American, or Maryland at 43? Fyi these generally outline the types of schools into which I've been accepted.

Generally T2 transfers to crack the T14 seems to be rank 10% or better but I really want to get a feel for the difference between the T2 Schools as listed above in terms of transfer chances. Particularly for CCN.

This is obviously a small factor in my final decision, but I wanted to get a handle on this specific difference between the schools.

Thanks for any advice.

BostonNJ

Re: future transfer chances between Rutgers, Temple, Case

Postby BostonNJ » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:46 am

You will not transfer trust me. EVERYONE says they think they will transfer and they dont. It does not behoove you to transfer, you waste a year worth of making CRUCIAL connections, and you uproot yourself for no good reason. If you did not get into a T14 then you probably wont be able to transfer in. Transfering is harder then applying outright.

Best advice for you is go somewhere that is the cheapest and in the area you prefer to work. These are the two biggest factors you must take into account. All 0L's are obsesssed with rankings, get over that part, just worry about trying to go to a reputable law school in the area you want to work and try and stay out of debt. Rutgers seems to be a great choice, its cheap and it offers you a HUGE bang for the buck! I would go there, plus its rep in NJ, NY, and Philly is really good!

Good luck, and get over the rankings thing, they really don't mean anything unless you are in T14 or below T2.

dietcoke0

Postby dietcoke0 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:17 pm

Well Rutgers doesn't rank students, so stay the hell away from them if you want to transfer.

Either way, the thing is, if you work hard enough to get the top 3-5% you will need to transfer, you might as well stick it out since you will be in a better position at that school then moving to a new school starting over again.

If you are hellbent on trying to transfer, I say find the area you want to go to (DC, Philly or NYC) get the best school for what you are looking for (American for Gov, Doza for Big law) and work your ass off that first year to try and transfer in city.

If you fail, you are highly rank, do moot court, law review, and probably end up with a better job than being a median student at a school you were looking to transfer too.

thexfactor

Postby thexfactor » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:14 pm

im going to feed the troll here...

those 3 schools are all roughly regarded the same.
Top 1-5%= CCN MVP
top 5%-top 10%= lower T14 maybe MVP+ usc/ucla/vandy. I don't think you have a realistic shot if you are outside the top 10% from those schools.
top 10-1/3= Emory/WUSTL/UIUC

Wholigan

Postby Wholigan » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:35 pm

dietcoke0 wrote:Well Rutgers doesn't rank students, so stay the hell away from them if you want to transfer.

Either way, the thing is, if you work hard enough to get the top 3-5% you will need to transfer, you might as well stick it out since you will be in a better position at that school then moving to a new school starting over again.

If you are hellbent on trying to transfer, I say find the area you want to go to (DC, Philly or NYC) get the best school for what you are looking for (American for Gov, Doza for Big law) and work your ass off that first year to try and transfer in city.

If you fail, you are highly rank, do moot court, law review, and probably end up with a better job than being a median student at a school you were looking to transfer too.

If you give any consideration to future transfer possibility in choosing among these schools, you are making a mistake.

LoriDevault

Postby LoriDevault » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:20 pm

This is slightly off the topic, but this year 2013, law applicants are down 20 percent I was just wondering what you all thought in terms of how this will effect transfers. Will top students take less or more transfers if they have less law applicants?

ndirish2010

Postby ndirish2010 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:39 am

Retake.

drmguy

Postby drmguy » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:08 am

Wholigan wrote:
dietcoke0 wrote:Well Rutgers doesn't rank students, so stay the hell away from them if you want to transfer.

If you give any consideration to future transfer possibility in choosing among these schools, you are making a mistake.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”