UGA versus Vanderbilt Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
ab8

New

UGA versus Vanderbilt

Post by ab8 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:18 pm

I could use some help in this decision if anyone has any advice!!

I've been accepted to both UGA and Vanderbilt already--I went to UGA for undergrad and I'm from Georgia, but Vanderbilt has in many ways been my top choice since I decided to go to law school. I have not yet heard back from Vanderbilt about scholarships and financial aid, but UGA has offered me a scholarship on top of my in-state tuition that would make all three years at UGA cheaper than 1 year at Vanderbilt.

I would love to stay in the South after graduating, but I'm also open to going elsewhere if an opportunity presents itself. The UGA scholarship is pretty perfect, but in terms of rankings and my own personal interests (International Law), Vanderbilt is stronger. Even if Vanderbilt gives me a scholarship, it most likely won't be able to top UGA's--is it worth paying more for Vanderbilt?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Grizz

Diamond

Re: UGA versus Vanderbilt

Post by Grizz » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:23 pm

Wait to see what Vanderbilt gives you in the way of money. This discussion is pretty pointless until then.

Also, unless you have relevant experience with international orgs already before law school, international law is basically a myth. Also, you want to live in the South but practice international law? What kind of job are you hoping to get?

Gold

Post by 062914123 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:01 am

Last edited by 062914123 on Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bodhi_mind

Bronze

Post by Bodhi_mind » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:14 pm

There isn't much international about the South or any of its law jobs. But given your options, I would take the $$$ at UGA

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”