Northwestern 2 year J.D vs 3 year J.D (re: Job Prospects) ? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Uklawstudent123

New

Northwestern 2 year J.D vs 3 year J.D (re: Job Prospects) ?

Post by Uklawstudent123 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:08 pm

So Northwestern is my #1 choice for various reasons, getting ready to apply now and I have to choose between which program to apply for and am looking for some advice.

Bit of background info: I already have a law degree (l.l.b) from a UK university, but now live in the US permanently and decided a J.D is the best route to follow in terms of employment opportunities as opposed to an l.l.m.

So... I am eligible to apply for the 2 yr J.D for International Lawyers at Northwestern but I'm really torn between applying for that vs the reg 3 yr J.d.

The 2 yr J.D obviously saves a year of my time and would save a ton of $ as only have to pay for 2 years of law school. However, my biggest concern is job opportunities and if I would have the same OCI opportunities as the regular 3yr students. Given that I want my legal career to be in the US I would eat up the cost and time of the 3rd yr if was to offer greater job prospects.

I've spoken to admissions already and unfortunately I can only apply to one or the other.

If anyone has any advice it would be more than welcomed as I keep on going back and forth between the 2 programs and I need to get my shit together :roll:

PBateman1

Bronze

Re: Northwestern 2 year J.D vs 3 year J.D (re: Job Prospects) ?

Post by PBateman1 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:42 pm

Actually they charge you more for the two year program so it ends up costing the exact same amount as the regular program. The job prospect thing I have no idea.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”