If the cycle ended today....

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
User avatar
KibblesnBitts
Posts: 305
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:29 pm

If the cycle ended today....

Postby KibblesnBitts » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:42 pm

I figured a board like this would be kind of fun, since the admissions teams are taking a break until January. If the cycles ended today and you had to choose from the schools you've been accepted to so far, which would you choose and why? Would it be an easy decision or a tough one?

Why that school and not the other(s) you have been accepted to?

Edited because my grammar sucked.
Last edited by KibblesnBitts on Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
minnbills
Posts: 3153
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:04 pm

Re: If the cycle ended today....

Postby minnbills » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:44 pm

easy- UMN. Because I want to work in MN and it is affordable for me.

poe
Posts: 301
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:23 am

Re: If the cycle ended today....

Postby poe » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:48 pm

I'd be choosing between NYU and Berkeley. I'd really have to visit before deciding (never even been to NYC), but I'd be very happy with either option.

AriGoldButNicer
Posts: 367
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:19 pm

Re: If the cycle ended today....

Postby AriGoldButNicer » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:55 pm

KibblesnBitts wrote:I figured a board like this would be kind of fun, since the admissions teams are taking a break until January. If the cycles ended today and you had to choose from the schools you've been accepted to so far, which would you choose and why? Would it be an easy decision or a tough one?

Why that school and not the other(s) you have been accepted to?

Edited because my grammar sucked.

Abortion-not ready for a kid.

User avatar
vissidarte27
Posts: 434
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:43 pm

Re: If the cycle ended today....

Postby vissidarte27 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:56 pm

W&L (with 20k/year), I think, but it would be a really hard decision because there's no job market for my SO. She's trying to convince me that it's okay and that she'll find something, but I'm still dubious.

We'll see.

Other options:
Richmond with $20/30k (John Marshall scholarship invitation -- if I don't get it, the Dean said 20)
Denver with 21
UGA

Moultdog
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:48 pm

Re: If the cycle ended today....

Postby Moultdog » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:20 pm

Minnesota...I've also gotten accepted to Georgetown and GW, but MN has offered a full ride, and with what I'm interested in, a T14 isn't completely necessary. I also have a long family history in Minnesota (despite being from CA) and many relatives around the Twin Cities, so it would not be a bad place for me to settle down imo

AriGoldButNicer
Posts: 367
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:19 pm

Re: If the cycle ended today....

Postby AriGoldButNicer » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:24 pm

Moultdog wrote:Minnesota...I've also gotten accepted to Georgetown and GW, but MN has offered a full ride, and with what I'm interested in, a T14 isn't completely necessary. I also have a long family history in Minnesota (despite being from CA) and many relatives around the Twin Cities, so it would not be a bad place for me to settle down imo

I think in your case Mn makes sense.

User avatar
cactuarX3
Posts: 686
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:51 pm

Re: If the cycle ended today....

Postby cactuarX3 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:26 pm

nowhere, because i haven't gotten any acceptances/denials yet; curse my procrastination for applying in late november!

User avatar
jbabs
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:16 am

Re: If the cycle ended today....

Postby jbabs » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:12 pm

Iowa - it's a full-ride, I have ties to the state, and I wouldn't mind working in Des Moines. But I would still have a difficult time turning down W&M's scholarship, if only because their campus is gorgeous and Virginia's weather > Midwestern weather.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: If the cycle ended today....

Postby JamMasterJ » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:25 pm

haven't been accepted anywhere

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2915
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: If the cycle ended today....

Postby franklyscarlet » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:26 pm

I want to say Vandy, but BU with 22k would be tempting.

User avatar
emkay625
Posts: 1839
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:31 pm

Re: If the cycle ended today....

Postby emkay625 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:37 pm

It is a toss up between Vanderbilt and Georgetown. I'd probably pick Vanderbilt because of col, but could go either way.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: If the cycle ended today....

Postby JamMasterJ » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:38 pm

emkay625 wrote:It is a toss up between Vanderbilt and Georgetown. I'd probably pick Vanderbilt because of col, but could go either way.

I didn't know you had already gotten into GULC

User avatar
ashley12
Posts: 235
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:11 am

Re: If the cycle ended today....

Postby ashley12 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:54 pm

Villanova. I'll never go to UK and for me Richmond is still too expensive for what it is, even with 20k/yr $$

Sigh for late LOR submission...

AriGoldButNicer
Posts: 367
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:19 pm

Re: If the cycle ended today....

Postby AriGoldButNicer » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:07 am

I'd take my talents to South Beach. Not to UM, that place is a dump. I'd just go to South Beach, and stud.

AriGoldButNicer
Posts: 367
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:19 pm

Re: If the cycle ended today....

Postby AriGoldButNicer » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:10 am

JamMasterJ wrote:haven't been accepted anywhere

I accept you. I started a law school in an old crack house. Once we get some pages typed and taped together, our library will be good to go. We won't be accredited but will be pushing hard in the Cooley rankings. I know a guy in West Virginia who will let us keep a trailer in his park so technically we have 2 campuses already.

Congrats!!

freestallion
Posts: 944
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:17 pm

Re: If the cycle ended today....

Postby freestallion » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:26 am

Probably NYU, as it was one of my top choices and I'm from close to the area. Plus, NY is just amazing and NYU has programs I'm really excited about. I also am really interested in Berkeley, but don't have scholarship offers to compare. The idea of 200k in debt from NYU is scaring me...

If Berkeley gave me a large scholarship it would make my decision difficult!

ran12
Posts: 1003
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:28 pm

Re: If the cycle ended today....

Postby ran12 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:26 am

AriGoldButNicer wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:haven't been accepted anywhere

I accept you. I started a law school in an old crack house. Once we get some pages typed and taped together, our library will be good to go. We won't be accredited but will be pushing hard in the Cooley rankings. I know a guy in West Virginia who will let us keep a trailer in his park so technically we have 2 campuses already.

Congrats!!


I know you're just having a little fun but it's sad that I thought you were a UVA kid as soon as I read that and seems like you are.

freestallion
Posts: 944
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:17 pm

Re: If the cycle ended today....

Postby freestallion » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:29 am

poe wrote:I'd be choosing between NYU and Berkeley. I'd really have to visit before deciding (never even been to NYC), but I'd be very happy with either option.

We're numbers twins and school preferences twins too :P

User avatar
auburnbelle89
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:39 pm

Re: If the cycle ended today....

Postby auburnbelle89 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:34 am

It would be a really difficult decision. I in no way feel comfortable deciding at this date, but if I have no more acceptances, I feel like it will be a choice between W&M, W&L, Wake, and UNC mainly because of cost, location, and rankings. But that is really only cutting my list down from 9 to 4, so clearly I have a long way to go to decide. It's going to come down to visits and seeing if I get into any of my reaches.

User avatar
lrslayer
Posts: 586
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:38 am

Re: If the cycle ended today....

Postby lrslayer » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:36 am

well my choices are maryland, george mason and boston college. no news of $ yet so i think its an easy choice for bc! thats good though cause i will prob go there as the chips seem to be falling so far.

User avatar
Kring345
Posts: 287
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:30 pm

Re: If the cycle ended today....

Postby Kring345 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:56 am

I'd likely go to UMichigan. Berkeley is giving me pause simply because SF fucking rocks. But the $ at Mich would be too much to resist since they are peers (...and Mich more Big-Law-ish?).

User avatar
emkay625
Posts: 1839
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:31 pm

Re: If the cycle ended today....

Postby emkay625 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:01 am

JamMasterJ wrote:
emkay625 wrote:It is a toss up between Vanderbilt and Georgetown. I'd probably pick Vanderbilt because of col, but could go either way.

I didn't know you had already gotten into GULC


I got the letter about a week and a half ago. Feel very lucky to have a t-14 acceptance and would be happy going there. But I would eat a shoe for literally ANY other school in the t-14, most of all Texas (cue all comments from the peanut gallery that it's not really a t-14...) and nu.

User avatar
fltanglab
Posts: 555
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:44 pm

Re: If the cycle ended today....

Postby fltanglab » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:01 am

I have Maryland and George Mason and I would definitely pick George Mason because of IP and not living in Baltimore. I am deathly afraid of B-more. Plus I found out GMU is more on the conservative side and that agrees with me, so that's good. I think I might be happy with GMU at the end of the cycle if I don't get in anywhere else actually. But then I'd gun my first year to transfer for better job prospects.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: If the cycle ended today....

Postby JamMasterJ » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:39 am

Kring345 wrote:I'd likely go to UMichigan. Berkeley is giving me pause simply because SF fucking rocks. But the $ at Mich would be too much to resist since they are peers (...and Mich more Big-Law-ish?).

M is better than B




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: J-e-L-L-o and 3 guests