Thomas jefferson school of law has 33% bar passage july 2011 Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
FeelTheHeat

Platinum

Re: Thomas jefferson school of law has 33% bar passage july 2011

Post by FeelTheHeat » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:19 am

Lawl Shcool wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:A significant number of people attending Thomas Jefferson choose not to take the California bar? LOOOOL good fucking luck trying to find a job inside California coming from TJ, much less elsewhere. I'm willing to bet that the majority of those people aren't taking the bar because they're now working at Starbucks.
You would be willing to bet huh? That is based on all your 0L experience with TJ grads?

With a 2.8 in poly sci from a public college you are much more likely to be working at starbucks than any TJ grad. That gpa is lower than the 25% of the school you are making fun of here. Also, judging by your previous posts and LSN profile, if I was willing to bet, it would be that you're an extremely over-weight and socially awkward female who spends more time on the internet trying to raise your self-esteem by putting people down than you have spent in the presence of guy willing to touch you in your entire life.
:|

BeautifulSW

Silver

Post by BeautifulSW » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:43 am

There can't be any really bad ABA approved law schools. The Standards do what they are supposed to do; make certain that the faculty and facilities are present and sufficient to provide a legal education of adequate quality to permit the student to enter the profession.

What research is out there concerning first-time bar exam pass rates shows a STRONG correlation between the aggregate LSAT scores and UGPA of an entering class with the aggregate performance of that class on the bar exam. In short, TJSL's biggest problem may be the quality of its students.

The law schools know this, of course. That's a big reason for the merit scholarship system. They want to attract the best-prepared students they can in order to improve several USNews ranking factors.

TJSL is competing with an oversupply of California ABA approved law schools for a shrinking number of quality students. It looks to me like TJSL is losing the fight.

I've worked with exactly one TJSL grad in my career. This lawyer seemed to be about as well prepared as most given the same level of experience.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:53 am

Lawl Shcool wrote: Also, judging by your previous posts in the "Forever Alones", "On-line Dating Advice" and "Food Picwhoring" threads, if I was willing to bet, it would be that you're an extremely over-weight and socially awkward female who spends more time on the internet trying to raise your self-esteem by putting people down than you have spent in the presence of any guy willing to touch you in your entire life.
I like internet callouts when they're right, and even more when they're wrong.

Gold

Post by 20130312 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:54 am

BeautifulSW wrote:There can't be any really bad ABA approved law schools.
--ImageRemoved--

BeautifulSW

Silver

Post by BeautifulSW » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:22 pm

:D

No, even the rapidly-multiplying Cooley campuses are not "bad" law schools in that sense. Cooley grads do pass the bar in various states and are reasonably well equipped to enter the practice of law.

As to how the school's administration conducts itself, well, that might be another matter entirely.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:33 pm

The first thing I was gonna poast was something about Corsair's love but I didn't want to get b& for thread crapping.

phialphadelta

New

Post by phialphadelta » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:54 pm

I would like you to show evidence that you ever went to Boalt law school, maybe a letter of acceptance with your name blanked out?

Nobody is making up any communications. No-Thomas Jefferson Law School Student has transferred to Boalt Law School. People can ask Ed Tom themselves.

Lawl Shcool wrote:
phialphadelta wrote:That's funny that you transferred to Boalt because last year I messaged Boalt's dean about transferring from Thomas Jefferson School of Law and he said you would have to be ranked number 1 in your entire class to have a "chance at transferring to Boalt" and no student has transferred from Thomas Jefferson School of Law before.
There are 2 TJ transfers graduating from Boalt this year - I am willing to bet that you are making up messaging Dean Tom since he is very aware that we are there since he called us to inform us we got in. You are gaining very little credibility making things up when trying to argue on here.
phialphadelta wrote: By the way, for your record Wills and Trusts, Community Property, CA Civil Procedure, CA evidence, CA Criminal Law are all tested on the CA Bar but not required as part of Thomas Jefferson School of Law's curriculum.

I stand corrected that not all CA bar topics are required, however, all are offered except "CA criminal law" which is not offerred because it is not a topic that is tested on the CA bar. Crim Law is a 1L class that everyone must take and is tested on the CA bar along with Crim Pro.
phialphadelta wrote: There are T-14 professors at every school. But Thomas Jefferson School of Law has a high number of lowly ranked Professors as well who went to non-aba accredited law schools and could not even sit for the CA Bar to take it, let alone pass it.
If you could post a link to any TJ prof who attended a non-aba accredited American law school I will stop posting in this thread. There are professors who attended international schools, just like every other law school in the country but that is hardly a bad thing.

You seem to be stuck on this notion that law professors need to have passed the CA bar to be considered knowledgeable enough to teach. I am not sure why you even think this is relevant. This semester at Boalt not a single one of my professors is licensed in CA. Passing the CA bar is hardly necessary to teach a law class. In fact, the worst professors I have had in law school are adjuncts who are practicing lawyers while the best have been non-practicing full-time professors.

Please define what a "lowly ranked professor" is.

Look at all the Legal Writing Professors for your example of Professors not going to ABA schools. If Thomas Jefferson School of Law was such a great school you should have just stayed there and helped the other 67% of the students pass the bar.

California Western law School also in Downtown San Diego takes in students with the same LSAT/GPA numbers, and they have the same amount of students getting kicked out after 1L year, yet their LSAT passage rate is double what Thomas Jefferson School of Law's is.

Thomas Jefferson School of Law even boasts that it's Bar Teaching program, Bar Secrets, is superior to Barbri's, which California Western endorses.

Why is Thomas Jefferson School of Law charging it's students another 4k to take Thomas Jefferson School of Law's "Bar Secrets" taught by it's 1L test take tutoring professors when California Western is basically paying for their students to take BARBRI for free.

Thomas Jefferson school of law is greedy and a joke.

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:14 pm

Lawl Shcool wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:A significant number of people attending Thomas Jefferson choose not to take the California bar? LOOOOL good fucking luck trying to find a job inside California coming from TJ, much less elsewhere. I'm willing to bet that the majority of those people aren't taking the bar because they're now working at Starbucks.
You would be willing to bet huh? That is based on all your 0L experience with TJ grads?

With a 2.8 in poly sci from a public college you are much more likely to be working at starbucks than any TJ grad. That gpa is lower than the 25% of the school you are making fun of here.

Also, judging by your previous posts in the "Forever Alones", "On-line Dating Advice" and "Food Picwhoring" threads, if I was willing to bet, it would be that you're an extremely over-weight and socially awkward female who spends more time on the internet trying to raise your self-esteem by putting people down than you have spent in the presence of any guy willing to touch you in your entire life.
Oh, is THIS why you followed me to the NU thread and called me an 'internet asshole'? :lol: :lol: Feel free to think of me as an extremely overweight and socially awkward female who puts people down all the time. In fact, if it makes you feel better about yourself, you can even imagine that I'm not getting into any law schools this year, I'm currently unemployed, I'm a 40-year old virgin, and I'm turning to the internet as a way to vent my deep insecurities and self-hate. Which, of course, is the only reason I would dare make a negative comment about the esteemed and preftigious TJLS.

Do you feel better about yourself now? I'm glad. :mrgreen:

harborleaguemvp

New

Post by harborleaguemvp » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:26 pm

phialphadelta wrote:
I would like you to show evidence that you ever went to Boalt law school, maybe a letter of acceptance with your name blanked out?
You're a joke of a human being. If a letter of acceptance doesn't float your boat, would you like: 1) our security deposits for our house; 2) utility bills establishing residency similar to what you needed to show to enroll in elementary schools; 3) receipts from every bar within a 2 mile radius of campus; 4) our transcripts; 5) financial aid/grant information; 6) the letters of rec we have gotten from professors; 7) our facebook information and all the posts I have hating everything about NorCal (although you will assume that all the info is fictional); 8) the TJ intramural flag football and softball record books where you will find my name littered throughout which you can then cross-check with any TJ 3L right now who could confirm our transfer; 9) or any other bit of "evidence" that would convince you the Dean Tom punked you on the phone.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

johnnyutah

Gold

Post by johnnyutah » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:33 pm

Lawl Shcool wrote:

With a 2.8 in poly sci from a public college you are much more likely to be working at starbucks than any TJ grad. That gpa is lower than the 25% of the school you are making fun of here.

Also, judging by your previous posts in the "Forever Alones", "On-line Dating Advice" and "Food Picwhoring" threads, if I was willing to bet, it would be that you're an extremely over-weight and socially awkward female who spends more time on the internet trying to raise your self-esteem by putting people down than you have spent in the presence of any guy willing to touch you in your entire life.
Fucking lol, you clown.

mrtoren

Silver

Post by mrtoren » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:11 pm

Awful lot of dick measuring in here..

Let the kids who want to go to TJSL go to TJSL. As for the rest of you..get a life?

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:25 pm

mrtoren wrote:As for the rest of you..get a life?
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 0&t=163134

srry brah

Jah'rakal

Bronze

Post by Jah'rakal » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:32 pm

f7u12 wrote:
mrtoren wrote:Awful lot of dick measuring in here..

Let the kids who want to go to TJSL go to TJSL. As for the rest of you..get a life?
People who present employment and bar passage data in a false/misleading manner shouldn't be let alone.
typical tls mentality, go save the world gay boi!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Jah'rakal

Bronze

Post by Jah'rakal » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:41 pm

f7u12 wrote:
Jah'rakal wrote:
f7u12 wrote:
mrtoren wrote:Awful lot of dick measuring in here..

People who present employment and bar passage data in a false/misleading manner shouldn't be let alone.
typical tls mentality, go save the world gay boi!
lolwut
1 day uh grr an uh boi go intuh a candeh shop where des lossa candeez
Da boi hands her sum convosation harts and ses 'dis one ses ur my bff.'
da gurl says 'aw, i am?'
da boi ses 'no,'
Deh grl screems an stabz huhself wid a canny cane.
Da boi open his hanz whre dere iz sum hersheez kisses. "I wuz gohn say you is dis--my hannful of kiszes. But now you iz stabbed.
Duh End.

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:49 pm

What in the fuck...

Samara

Gold

Post by Samara » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:51 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:What in the fuck...
How that guy has not either been banned or become bored with stupidly trolling TLS is beyond me.

vpintz

Silver

Post by vpintz » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:27 pm

+1

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

mrtoren

Silver

Post by mrtoren » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:46 pm

Samara wrote:
How that guy has not either been banned or become bored with stupidly trolling TLS is beyond me.
I get a laugh every now and then.

But seriously..+1

JusticeHarlan

Gold

Post by JusticeHarlan » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:09 am

Chris Saunders wrote:TJSL’s aggregate pass rate over the past 5 years (2006 – 2011) exceeds the Standard 301(A)(1)(a) requirement of a 75-percent pass rate.
What percentage of TJLS graduates from 2006-2011 are employed as attorneys?

Birdman

Bronze

Post by Birdman » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:49 am

Last edited by Birdman on Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

run26.2

Silver

Post by run26.2 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:18 am

RVP11 wrote:
WSJ_Law wrote:It's still a good school even though it had a bad year for barzam takers. These fluctuations are common even in the T14. If I was a 0L, I wouldn't let something trivial like the bar results deter me from applying and strongly considering TJSL. One of the few schools I would recommend ITE.
Going from 25% failing to 66% failing is not a "common" fluctuation at any tier of school, much less at a T14.

If a T14 suddenly went from a 90% pass rate to a 70% pass rate (a proportional drop to TJSL) there would be a huge uproar. It would be unprecedented.
While I can't find 90 to 70, I did find 85 to 71 for NU.
Peep this for 2002:
http://admissions.calbar.ca.gov/LinkCli ... tabid=2269
and for 2003:

By 2004, they were down to 69%:

Don't feel bad, though, NU students. Even Yale had only a 75% passage rate in 2006.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

mattviphky

Silver

Post by mattviphky » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:42 am

run26.2 wrote:
RVP11 wrote:
WSJ_Law wrote:It's still a good school even though it had a bad year for barzam takers. These fluctuations are common even in the T14. If I was a 0L, I wouldn't let something trivial like the bar results deter me from applying and strongly considering TJSL. One of the few schools I would recommend ITE.
Going from 25% failing to 66% failing is not a "common" fluctuation at any tier of school, much less at a T14.

If a T14 suddenly went from a 90% pass rate to a 70% pass rate (a proportional drop to TJSL) there would be a huge uproar. It would be unprecedented.
Peep this for 2002:
and for 2003:

Don't feel bad, though, NU students. Even Yale had only a 75% passage rate in 2006.
To be fair, that is for the state of California, which has a notoriously difficult bar that (according to this thread) has a fairly california-centric tone. TJ is located in CA, Y and NU are not. If you look at the states in which these schools are located, it is much closer to 100 percent.

Aqualibrium

Gold

Post by Aqualibrium » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:46 am

mattviphky wrote:
run26.2 wrote:
RVP11 wrote:

Peep this for 2002:
and for 2003:

To be fair, that is for the state of California, which has a notoriously difficult bar that (according to this thread) has a fairly california-centric tone. TJ is located in CA, Y and NU are not. If you look at the states in which these schools are located, it is much closer to 100 percent.
Doesn't that point more towards a theory that the Cali bar is just fucking difficult and there's nothing TJSL can do about it but keep plugging away?

BeautifulSW

Silver

Post by BeautifulSW » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:11 am

The California Bar Exam IS difficult but that doesn't explain consistently poor performance by an individual school. The UC System schools and the better private schools turn in performances comparable with those of other state bar pass rates.

There are too many California schools chasing after too few well-qualified law students.

run26.2

Silver

Post by run26.2 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:46 am

Aqualibrium wrote:
mattviphky wrote:
Doesn't that point more towards a theory that the Cali bar is just fucking difficult and there's nothing TJSL can do about it but keep plugging away?
My point was that the CA bar is just a very difficult bar.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”