Less than reputable law school.

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
MormonChristian

Less than reputable law school.

Postby MormonChristian » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:12 am

I visited a less than reputable law school and the Assistant Dean of Admissions told me that applications are down by 1/2 from last year. She said they will accept anyone they think can pass the classes. They aren't convinced they are going to fill their class up this next Fall. They haven't even come close to filling up their January 2012 class.

I met a few of their students, they told me that 5 hours a week is the maximum number of hours they study. The 3L's told me they don't study more than 1 hour a week.

Is this what law school has come to?

FeelTheHeat

Re: Less than reputable law school.

Postby FeelTheHeat » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:14 am

name school or gtfo

ahduth

Postby ahduth » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:18 am

FeelTheHeat wrote:name school or gtfo

Yep. I have a Mormon Christian in my class, and he's getting a job, or whatever the hell he wants, because he's smart as fuck. It's somewhat difficult to get into our school however.

Yukos

Postby Yukos » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:40 am

MormonChristian wrote:I visited a less than reputable law school and the Assistant Dean of Admissions told me that applications are down by 1/2 from last year. She said they will accept anyone they think can pass the classes. They aren't convinced they are going to fill their class up this next Fall. They haven't even come close to filling up their January 2012 class.

I met a few of their students, they told me that 5 hours a week is the maximum number of hours they study. The 3L's told me they don't study more than 1 hour a week.

God, we can only hope.
Last edited by Yukos on Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:42 am

MormonChristian wrote:I visited a less than reputable law school and the Assistant Dean of Admissions told me that applications are down by 1/2 from last year. She said they will accept anyone they think can pass the classes. They aren't convinced they are going to fill their class up this next Fall. They haven't even come close to filling up their January 2012 class.

They could shut down over 100 law schools tomorrow and the legal market wouldn't bat an eye. I hope people stop applying to these crappy schools for good.

Aqualibrium

Postby Aqualibrium » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:50 am

I am a 3L at what most would call a reputable law school, and I don't study at all until the month of December in the fall, and May in the spring.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”