WUSTL Sticker/UC-D Sticker/W&M sticker/Iowa in-state $? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
romothesavior

Diamond

Re: WUSTL Sticker/UC-D Sticker/W&M sticker/Iowa in-state $?

Post by romothesavior » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:04 am

Gail wrote:
gdh wrote:It all depends on where you want to practice. I have a cousin who graduated from WUSTL and had significant difficulty finding a legal job outside of doc review. At the end of the day none of the schools are going to have national weight so you've got to look at where you want to live. Can you imagine the prospect of living in Iowa? I see this as a two school choice: WUSTL/W&M depending on where you want to practice.
Wow. Dick.

Not everyone was born in the Bronx and would simply die if they ever had to live 50 miles near a corn field.
You really do live up to your reputation as a dumbass. He's not insulting Iowa, he's asking a legitimate question. If you aren't from Iowa, it would be awfully hard to live there after law school.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:07 am

OP, as someone who goes to WUSTL with a significant scholarship and has a job, I strongly urge you not to go to WUSTL (or any T20) at sticker or anywhere near it. You really need to retake the LSAT. You say you are in a bad financial situation with no job. Yeah, that sucks, but I'd call it peanuts compared to 180k in debt and no job (or a low paying one).

I love WUSTL, and I think it could be a good choice if you get a good scholarship. But it ain't worth sticker, and neither are any of these other schools. The prospects at median are not worth the cost.

shmoo597

Bronze

Post by shmoo597 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:50 am

The credited response is to rid yourself of the thought of going to law school and never, ever think about it again. Your options are all terrible and the most likely result is massive debt and no job.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”