Oklahoma City Law

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
User avatar
Mr. Pancakes
Posts: 1234
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: Oklahoma City Law

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:37 pm

FloridaCoastalorbust wrote:Some ppl suck. This isn't the place for a t14 or bust argument.

You'll be fine out of OCU so long as you have a job lined up. I've been in OK for awhile now - the only people competing for any Oklahoma private or public jobs are OU, Tulsa, and OCU. I know more than five attorneys who have graduated OCU and are doing more than fine. Yes, anecdotal evidence, but I can assure you that if you perform well at OCU and can leverage yourself with networking you can make it.

Keep in mind this only holds true for the state of Oklahoma, and possibly the greater OKC area as well. But, as you've said, this is irrelevant as you have a job lined up.

Oklahoma City is in Oklahoma, but it is still probably the best place to be. OKC has been growing quite a bit, and the downtown area is becoming vibrant. With a reasonable pay, enjoyable work, and a tight network, you can have a great life here.


Ok, great. I guess that is nice to know in case I decide I would like to stay in the OKC area. Thanks for the advice.

User avatar
mrtoren
Posts: 733
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:43 pm

Re: Oklahoma City Law

Postby mrtoren » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:58 am

Mr. Pancakes wrote:Ok, great. I guess that is nice to know in case I decide I would like to stay in the OKC area. Thanks for the advice.

OCU will provide you with a legal education. You have a job lined up. Go for it.

User avatar
Mr. Pancakes
Posts: 1234
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: Oklahoma City Law

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:02 am

mrtoren wrote:
Mr. Pancakes wrote:Ok, great. I guess that is nice to know in case I decide I would like to stay in the OKC area. Thanks for the advice.

OCU will provide you with a legal education. You have a job lined up. Go for it.


All this back and forth has stopped me from complimenting you on your avatar....eric. Great movie. That is eric from Billy Madison, right?

User avatar
mrtoren
Posts: 733
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:43 pm

Re: Oklahoma City Law

Postby mrtoren » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:13 am

Mr. Pancakes wrote:All this back and forth has stopped me from complimenting you on your avatar....eric. Great movie. That is eric from Billy Madison, right?

Same actor actually, but its Bradley Whitford as Josh Lyman on the West Wing.

tjos
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:22 pm

Re: Oklahoma City Law

Postby tjos » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:56 pm

I'm from OKC, current OU undergrad. PM me if you have any questions about the city and I'll do my best to answer.

User avatar
beach_terror
Posts: 7256
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:01 pm

Re: Oklahoma City Law

Postby beach_terror » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:46 pm

mrtoren wrote:
Mr. Pancakes wrote:All this back and forth has stopped me from complimenting you on your avatar....eric. Great movie. That is eric from Billy Madison, right?

Same actor actually, but its Bradley Whitford as Josh Lyman on the West Wing.

One of the best characters TV has ever seen. I love Josh, with Sam a close second.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 6 guests