Vermont? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
mcleary82

New

Vermont?

Post by mcleary82 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:52 pm

It is a well known fact that Vermont is more or less the leading name in Environmental Law which is a path I am very interested in. Does anyone have any thoughts on attending Vermont in terms of future opportunities and career options? I am looking at applying for the Dual Degree which would also give a Master's in Environmental Law and Policy or the dual degree with Yale which would be a Master's in Forestry and Environmental Studies, or with Cambridge, giving a Master's in Philosophy.

Thank you for any of your thoughts, negative or positive.

srfngdd6

Bronze

Re: Vermont?

Post by srfngdd6 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:57 pm

if you can go to yale, go to yale

Yukos

Gold

Post by Yukos » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:36 pm

Based on his tls stats, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he probably can't get into Yale.
Last edited by Yukos on Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:12 pm

Specialty ranking don't correlate to employment outcomes. I remember a dude who does hiring for the EPA came and talked to us and said he basically doesn't give any deference to Vermonts enviro offerings in regard to more preftigiouf schools.

Fred_McGriff

Bronze

Post by Fred_McGriff » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:54 am

I can't imagine living in South Royalton Vermont for more than a week. It makes most truck stops look like a lot of fun, there's one hilarious bar, and because it's in such a stark valley right by the NH border it's a major drive to anywhere (during the 8 months when there's snow on the ground, October to May) including ski resorts; and it's generally 10 degrees colder than the rest of the state.

They're also opening online classes.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”