Hamilton at Columbia vs Harvard for BigLaw

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
User avatar
bernaldiaz
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re: Hamilton at Columbia vs Harvard for BigLaw

Postby bernaldiaz » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:40 pm

jbc7 wrote:But seriously, how can one not be confident from having a 4.3 GPA, 177 on the LSAT, 100+ Volunteer Hours and 500+ Work Experience?
I'm pretty sure having those numbers can elevate one's confidence, as those numbers surpass any requirements for HYS.
Seriously guys, my intent wasn't to troll when I asked this question, I was just really wondering on which one to pick as I know I will eventually have to pick between a Hamilton at Columbia or Harvard.


And you were doing so well until:

"It's so funny and cute seeing fucking scrubs like you guys jealous.
Just cause I can get into any law school I want and get full ride scholarships outside HYS, doesn't mean you guys have to be jealous nerds.
Its okay people, I am one of the greatest and smartest people you guys will ever meet.
Trust me, you guys will know my name in the future, it will be a household name.
Fucking jealous motherfuckers, I am smarter than all you guys."

But let's assume you're serious. Why not Yale?

freestallion
Posts: 944
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:17 pm

Re: Hamilton at Columbia vs Harvard for BigLaw

Postby freestallion » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:40 pm

Is a 4.3 even possible?

User avatar
bernaldiaz
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re: Hamilton at Columbia vs Harvard for BigLaw

Postby bernaldiaz » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:41 pm

freestallion wrote:Is a 4.3 even possible?


Remotely. And only at select undergrads. I doubt this would be realistically possible at any legit undergrad.

jbc7
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:40 pm

Re: Hamilton at Columbia vs Harvard for BigLaw

Postby jbc7 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:42 pm

No 500 work experience as clerkship at a nearby court.
100 hours of Volunteer work helping the poor and needy like you and your mom.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: Hamilton at Columbia vs Harvard for BigLaw

Postby Grizz » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:46 pm

Obvs troll is obvs
Last edited by Grizz on Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kaiser
Posts: 2940
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 11:34 pm

Re: Hamilton at Columbia vs Harvard for BigLaw

Postby kaiser » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:47 pm

jbc7 wrote:No 500 work experience as clerkship at a nearby court.
100 hours of Volunteer work helping the poor and needy like you and your mom.


Cmon, you aren't even trying anymore

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Hamilton at Columbia vs Harvard for BigLaw

Postby JamMasterJ » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:53 pm

I hope you get a Hamilton
top 10% and LR
strikeout OCI

User avatar
Hawkeye Pierce
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:18 am

Re: Hamilton at Columbia vs Harvard for BigLaw

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:04 am

paratactical wrote:
jbc7 wrote:But seriously, how can one not be confident from having a 4.3 GPA, 177 on the LSAT, 100+ Volunteer Hours and 500+ Work Experience?
I'm pretty sure having those numbers can elevate one's confidence, as those numbers surpass any requirements for HYS.
Seriously guys, my intent wasn't to troll when I asked this question, I was just really wondering on which one to pick as I know I will eventually have to pick between a Hamilton at Columbia or Harvard.

1) 100 hours of volunteer work isn't shit.
2) wtf does 500 work experience even mean? Do you mean you've worked for 500 hours in your life? If so LOLOLOL.


Woah there. 500 hours of work experience = 12.5 weeks of FULL TIME work!!! Now that sounds impressive to me!

User avatar
Go_to_NYU
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:34 pm

Re: Hamilton at Columbia vs Harvard for BigLaw

Postby Go_to_NYU » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:11 am

kaiser wrote:For biglaw? Columbia with the Hamilton 1000 times over. Easy choice.


Edit: oh, troll? I see.
Last edited by Go_to_NYU on Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
DoubleChecks
Posts: 2333
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:35 pm

Re: Hamilton at Columbia vs Harvard for BigLaw

Postby DoubleChecks » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:12 am

jbc7 wrote:Hahahah cute.
I'm not even trying to troll though kids.
Just simply stating facts.


I actually hope you're just a bad troll now. At first, I thought your personality was just kinda meh...but from reading this thread, apparently it is ridiculously immature. Get WE and VE doesnt help you grow up.

And is it just me or do all immature individuals like to call others "kids"?

Oh and to help with your inevitable decision: go with the Hamilton. Your personality will most likely go unnoticed in the PS and even the HLS screening call (maybe)...but it will kill you in OCI interviews w/ firms. At least at CLS, you won't be in debt when biglaw dings you. HTH.

User avatar
IAFG
Posts: 6665
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Hamilton at Columbia vs Harvard for BigLaw

Postby IAFG » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:12 am

I'm trying hard to think of "household name" lawyers. Johnny Cochran? Anyone else think of one?

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Hamilton at Columbia vs Harvard for BigLaw

Postby JamMasterJ » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:13 am

DoubleChecks wrote:
jbc7 wrote:Hahahah cute.
I'm not even trying to troll though kids.
Just simply stating facts.


I actually hope you're just a bad troll now. At first, I thought your personality was just kinda meh...but from reading this thread, apparently it is ridiculously immature. Get WE and VE doesnt help you grow up.

And is it just me or do all immature individuals like to call others "kids"?

Oh and to help with your inevitable decision: go with the Hamilton. Your personality will most likely go unnoticed in the PS and even the HLS screening call (maybe)...but it will kill you in OCI interviews w/ firms. At least at CLS, you won't be in debt when biglaw dings you. HTH.

I rate this post a 177/4.3

User avatar
DoubleChecks
Posts: 2333
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:35 pm

Re: Hamilton at Columbia vs Harvard for BigLaw

Postby DoubleChecks » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am

IAFG wrote:I'm trying hard to think of "household name" lawyers. Johnny Cochran? Anyone else think of one?


Atticus Finch. I remembered the name of the bad attorney who defended Casey Anthony for like a week, but it's gone.

btw, my inner nerd/gamer lawled hard on your comment about RPG rating systems.

kaiser
Posts: 2940
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 11:34 pm

Re: Hamilton at Columbia vs Harvard for BigLaw

Postby kaiser » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:15 am

Go_to_NYU wrote:
kaiser wrote:For biglaw? Columbia with the Hamilton 1000 times over. Easy choice.


Edit: oh, troll? I see.


Yeah, and a pretty bad one at that. Lines like "I will become a household name".

User avatar
NYC Law
Posts: 1569
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 3:33 pm

Re: Hamilton at Columbia vs Harvard for BigLaw

Postby NYC Law » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:15 am

IAFG wrote:I'm trying hard to think of "household name" lawyers. Johnny Cochran? Anyone else think of one?


I've already forgotten the one from the Casey Anthony case. Juan valez?

Do politicians count?

User avatar
FryBreadPower
Posts: 908
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:46 pm

Re: Hamilton at Columbia vs Harvard for BigLaw

Postby FryBreadPower » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:17 am

NYC Law wrote:
IAFG wrote:I'm trying hard to think of "household name" lawyers. Johnny Cochran? Anyone else think of one?


I've already forgotten the one from the Casey Anthony case. Juan valez?

Do politicians count?


That d00d is with the daughter who was married for 17 seconds.

User avatar
joemoviebuff
Posts: 788
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:51 am

Re: Hamilton at Columbia vs Harvard for BigLaw

Postby joemoviebuff » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:17 am

NYC Law wrote:
IAFG wrote:I'm trying hard to think of "household name" lawyers. Johnny Cochran? Anyone else think of one?


I've already forgotten the one from the Casey Anthony case. Juan valez?

Do politicians count?


Jose Baez I think. I think it ended with z.

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: Hamilton at Columbia vs Harvard for BigLaw

Postby Bildungsroman » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am

JamMasterJ wrote:I hope you get a Hamilton
top 10% and LR
strikeout OCI

This was almost a haiku.

Get a Hamilton,
top 10% and LR.
Strikeout OCI.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Hamilton at Columbia vs Harvard for BigLaw

Postby JamMasterJ » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am

Bildungsroman wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:I hope you get a Hamilton
top 10% and LR
strikeout OCI

This was almost a haiku.

Get a Hamilton,
top 10% and LR.
Strikeout OCI.

:mrgreen: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
NYC Law
Posts: 1569
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 3:33 pm

Re: Hamilton at Columbia vs Harvard for BigLaw

Postby NYC Law » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:21 am

--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
Mabel Simmons
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:23 am

Re: Hamilton at Columbia vs Harvard for BigLaw

Postby Mabel Simmons » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:43 am

ew

User avatar
vanwinkle
Posts: 9740
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:02 am

Re: Hamilton at Columbia vs Harvard for BigLaw

Postby vanwinkle » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:55 am

jbc7 wrote:I was just wondering because with my numbers right now, I'm sure I can get into HYS and a Hamilton at Columbia, dickhead.

jbc7 wrote:Oh no, I'm only harsh to people who deserve it like that fucking asshole over there who thinks its smart and witty to try and bash me even though I only asked a simple question.

But I do know that having 100+ Volunteer Experience, 500+ Work Experience, plus on top of my 177 LSAT and a 4.3 GPA, the Hamilton at Columbia is very likely.

jbc7 wrote:It's so funny and cute seeing fucking scrubs like you guys jealous.
Just cause I can get into any law school I want and get full ride scholarships outside HYS, doesn't mean you guys have to be jealous nerds.
Its okay people, I am one of the greatest and smartest people you guys will ever meet.
Trust me, you guys will know my name in the future, I will it a household name.
Fucking jealous motherfuckers, I am smarter than all you guys.

QFP.

c3pO4
Posts: 835
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:34 pm

Re: Hamilton at Columbia vs Harvard for BigLaw

Postby c3pO4 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:03 am

jbc7 wrote:Hahahah cute.
I'm not even trying to troll though kids.
Just simply stating facts.


I bet you play an Orb Sorc b/c you think it's higher powered than blizz.

mrloblaw
Posts: 534
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: Hamilton at Columbia vs Harvard for BigLaw

Postby mrloblaw » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:07 am

Take the Hamilton. Otherwise, when you suck 1L and strike out of OCI, you'll just be a poor bastard.

I'm kinda hoping it isn't a troll. Then he'll realize in a year that a 4.3 in Underwater Basket Weaving Studies from whatever TTT actually gives 4.3s doesn't guarantee success at Cooley, much less Columbia/Harvard.

User avatar
bernaldiaz
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re: Hamilton at Columbia vs Harvard for BigLaw

Postby bernaldiaz » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:12 am

mrloblaw wrote:Take the Hamilton. Otherwise, when you suck 1L and strike out of OCI, you'll just be a poor bastard.

I'm kinda hoping it isn't a troll. Then he'll realize in a year that a 4.3 in Underwater Basket Weaving Studies from whatever TTT actually gives 4.3s doesn't guarantee success at Cooley, much less Columbia/Harvard.


Wouldn't that make a lot more sense in reverse order?




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: carlos_danger, chargers21, Lawl_Schoolz, MSNbot Media and 3 guests