Tell me about Tulane Law School vs Loyola NOLA Law

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
jcm043

Tell me about Tulane Law School vs Loyola NOLA Law

Postby jcm043 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:15 pm

I am applying to the Louisiana schools due to the reason that I want to stay in Louisiana and practice law. I am interested in LSU, Tulane & Loyola. I know plenty about LSU Law, but I need some info on Tulane & Loyola. How difficult is Tulane? A strong student at LSU Law told me a few horror stories of students dropping out or transferring from Tulane. She stated that do not teach more or less just assume you get it. Is this the case?

kalvano

Re: Tell me about Tulane Law School vs Loyola NOLA Law

Postby kalvano » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:24 pm

Go to Tulane if you can. Someone always drops out of a class, law school is not easy, and it's not for everyone. But Tulane has a great reputation in the area and even in the surrounding states.

WSJ_Law

Postby WSJ_Law » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:23 pm

jcm043 wrote:I am applying to the Louisiana schools due to the reason that I want to stay in Louisiana and practice law. I am interested in LSU, Tulane & Loyola. I know plenty about LSU Law, but I need some info on Tulane & Loyola. How difficult is Tulane? A strong student at LSU Law told me a few horror stories of students dropping out or transferring from Tulane. She stated that do not teach more or less just assume you get it. Is this the case?

Most law profs expect you to teach yourself the law, especially 1L. "Training your mind" etc. Just read books bro

Fred_McGriff

Postby Fred_McGriff » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:43 am

Go to Tulane if you want to work in Louisiana or surrounding states.

It's difficult, but if you have the stats to get in and work hard it shouldn't be a problem.

lawschoolgrapedme

Postby lawschoolgrapedme » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:37 pm

I believe Tulane let in a convicted murdurer this past cycle - see ATL. He is a 1L now. You should be safe. I mean, not safe, but you will be accepted.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”