Law school employment rankings by region? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
msuz

Bronze

Re: Law school employment rankings by region?

Post by msuz » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:07 pm

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:22 am

Okay, here are the numbers for Portland.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... nItVU90VkE

Caveats:
--This is only NALP firms.
--Some firms don't list grad year, so I was literally guessing based on their photos and any available clues in their profile.
--My interpretation of "honors" included Latin honors, named scholarships and sometimes Dean's List, but no guarantees on consistency.
--Some firms don't list honors and/or journal participation, or are inconsistent.
--All data was gathered by hand from firm websites, and I probably missed people/made typos. Use it as approximations only.
--Even though the title says 'associates,' there are some partners, of/senior/special counsel and quite a few shareholders. I didn't differentiate.

Tim0thy222

Bronze

Post by Tim0thy222 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:30 am

rinkrat19 wrote:Okay, here are the numbers for Portland.

Caveats:
--Some firms don't list grad year, so I was literally guessing based on their photos and any available clues in their profile.
--My interpretation of "honors" included Latin honors, named scholarships and sometimes Dean's List, but no guarantees on consistency.
--Some firms don't list honors and/or journal participation, or are inconsistent.
--All data was gathered by hand from firm websites, and I probably missed people/made typos. Use it as approximations only.
--Even though the title says 'associates,' there are some partners, of/senior/special counsel and quite a few shareholders. I didn't differentiate.
Wow, thank you for doing this.

I, like you, would like to go to a t14 (if I get into one :)) and bring my JD home to Portland, so this is extremely useful.

American_in_China

Bronze

Post by American_in_China » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:31 am

¥5 says that Nashville is upwards of 60% Vanderbilt, with another 25% being UTk.

msuz

Bronze

Post by msuz » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:34 am

rinkrat19 wrote:Okay, here are the numbers for Portland.

Caveats:
While this data and the data for Detroit were collected slightly differently (and I am also going to add in more firms to get a more complete data set - T1 representation may be slightly higher with the adjusted numbers), it seems that doing this type of research beforehand could be extremely beneficial to people who are considering living and working in certain regions.

Top 3 Detroit Schools - Wayne (TTT) 63, UM (T14) 47, MSU (T2) 43
Top 3 Portland Schools - L&C 78 (T2), Oregon (T2) 44, Williamette (TTT) 26

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Opie

Silver

Post by Opie » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:54 am

I think I may finally have time to do this for Des Moines. Where might I get a list of firms other than the NALP site? I plan to use that one, but it has <7 firms on it and there are definitely more than that in Des Moines. There are no NLJ250 firms at all in the state.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”