Concordia ???

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
atcushman

Concordia ???

Postby atcushman » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:28 pm

I recieved an email from Concordia law school in Boise ID. I am from the NW and was planning on applying to most of the schools in the region, so the message interested me. After doing some research I found this will be the first year the law school is open and they are offering significant financial help for students. I was just wondering what people thought about being in the first year of a new law school. Obviously there are pros and cons; lack of reputation and not yet being ABA approved (they will be regionaly? approved after the first year), but do the opportunities to help found and lead new programs in the school count for anything. Also this is only the second law school to open in the state so that might be a factor as well???
Just interested in your thoughts.

ggibelli

Re: Concordia ???

Postby ggibelli » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:32 pm

i would stay as far away as possible.

atcushman

Postby atcushman » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:34 pm

ha ha ha GG that is the direction I was leaning just needed comformation

thedive

Postby thedive » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:56 am

ggibelli wrote:i would stay as far away as possible.

Yes, if you want Idaho go to Idaho. Rural state schools are very well connected within their respective states and function as a small community. Obviously you're kind of stuck there so make sure it is where you want to spend your life. Stay away from Concordia unless you are wearing a hazmat suit.

random5483

Postby random5483 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:41 am

Do not attend a school that is not ABA accredited (exceptions can possibly be made for a school like UC Irvine). Lower tiered accredited schools are a risk. Schools that are state accredited or have some other form of accreditation should be absolutely avoided.

A school like Concordia might make sense to someone who never plans to practice law. If cheap, they might make sense for someone who is curious about the law and works in another field. Don't go to these schools if you want to be hired as a lawyer

Return to “Choosing a Law School”